Chapter 54

"I just don't understand this." I said holding the parcel in my hands. Lacey came over, she was sitting on my bed. She was wearing a white lace tank-top with small black denim skirt. She was sitting on my bed with Ben, she was crying into Ben's shoulder.
"Why would she leave me something so mysterious?" I said.
"I don't know," Radar said. The parcel Margo had left me was a picture frame, and on the frame was a picture of Margo and I, when we were nine. I studied the picture for a while. Margo had a big smile plastered on, where I as I had a small nervous smile on. I laughed at myself, I was probably very nervous standing next to Margo. I set down the and Radar picked it up.
"When was this picture taken?" He asked.
"When we were nine, there's a little date in the corner." I responded. Radar nodded and examined the picture more closely, he looked specifically focused on the tiny date in the corner.
"Do you remember what happened the day this picture was taken?" Radar asked. I stared at the picture for a moment. Margo was wearing a pink shirt with a dragon breathing glitter fire and Margo was wearing purple tennis shoes. And then I realized, it was the day we saw the dead guy, Robert Joyner, in the park. I instantly looked at Radar.
"I know what day this was."
"When?"
"They day we saw the dead guy in he park." Radar and Ben looked confused. I probably never told them this because at the time, I wasn't friends with Radar yet, and to tell Ben would just be too traumatizing. Plus, it was my memory, my memory with Margo.
"When we were nine, Margo was like my best friend, and we saw this dead guy in the park, and..." Ben cut me off.
"Woahwoahwoahwoah woah. When you were nine I was your best friend." I glared at Ben. Ben never really cared for Margo, but I'd like to think it's because he's a) worries that she might replace him as a best friend or b) consider that Margo actually WAS my best friend was I was nine and Ben is still mad at her for that. Either way it's pretty stupid. I know Radar would never be like that.
"Right, Ben you were my best friend."
"What about me?" Radar chimed in.
"Didn't know you yet."
"Oh..... Ok. That makes me feel a lot better."
"About what?"
"That you would choose Ben as your best friend over me."
"Oh yeah, if I was stuck on a deserted island, you'd be the guy I pick." Radar and I laughed and Ben glared at us. Both Radar and I pushed Ben onto my bed, but we missed. And Ben came crashing to the floor.