Chapter 41

When we arrived at the hospital, I ran in, Margo limped in behind me. I had already been in when I realized that I should've held the door for Margo. I ran back, breathing heavily from all the running. My heart was pounding and I opened the door for Margo. She limped in, then up to the desk in the emergency room. I was close behind her.
"I think my foot may be broken." She said.
"Then you need to sit down baby," the lady guided Margo a chair and propped her leg up. She came back to the desk.
"Can I help you?" She asked. I looked at the woman, she was a portly woman, shorter than Margo (who by the way, is five' seven"), and was also African American. Her hair was in several small braids pulled into a bun.
"I'm not gonna repeat myself," she started as I snapped out of my thoughts, "can I help you?" She finished.
"No, I'm with the girl who possibly has a broken foot."
"Take a seat right next to her, the doctor will be right with you guys." I sat down next to Margo and took out my phone to look at the time. It was almost nine-thirty. I out my phone back in my pocket and leaned back into the emergency room chair. It was so peaceful, that I fell asleep.

I woke up and looks over at Margo who wasn't there. I wiped the sleep off my eyes and got up. I walked to the desk where the same lady was sitting. She looked up at me.
"Can I help you?"
"Do you happen to know what room the girl with the broken foot is in?"
"Yes, let me get it for you," she ruffled through some files until she found it, "Room two-twenty-five baby."
"Thank you." I replied as I raced to the elevator. I quickly pressed the button several times and stepped in when the door opened. I pressed the "2" button in the elevator. As the doors closed, the elevator started to move up to the second floor. I ran down the hall, almost missing the right door. I stopped in front of two-twenty-five. I took a deep breath and opened the door.
"Hi Quentin."