Prologue

The way I figure it, everyone gets a miracle. And sometimes, if you're lucky, you get two miracles.

I happen to be one of those people.

My double miracle was Margo Roth Spiegelman.

Nine years ago she moved next door to me, and my life has never been the same.

Six months ago Margo Roth Spiegelman arrived at my window dressed as a ninja. She summoned me to follow her in a revenge plot against her (ex) boyfriend Jase, (ex) best friend Becca, Lacey (who she thought was being a bad friend), and Chuck Parsons who was overall a horrible person. After the revenge was complete, she convinced me to got with her to the top of the SunTrust building, where she expressed her feelings about paper towns to me. Then, we broke into Sea World, which was by far, the best part of the night. That night I told her that things would be different and all she said was "I hope so."

At school the next morning, Margo was gone, and the next day she was also gone. She ended going missing for a month, which is longer than she has ever missed before. She had missed Prom (which by the way is a stupid event) and Graduation. I was worried. In fact, I was so worried that I ditched graduation along with Ben (my best friend), Radar (my other best friend), and Lacey (Margo's best friend/Ben's girlfriend). We drove for twenty one hours and we finally found Margo in an abandoned Barn in the Paper Town of Agloe, New York. When I saw her she told me that she wasn't coming back to Orlando and secretly, I was heartbroken, even though she had invited me to come along with her.

She told me that she was traveling across America, and that she would stay in touch. Then, she kissed me. That was the last time I ever saw Margo Roth Spiegelman.

I haven't seen Margo since. And I think she's planning on keeping it that way. So I kept on with my life and I went home with Ben, Lacey, and Radar. When I had gotten home, my parents were beyond glad to see me. It was like a mini family reunion. I promised them that I would never leave home to go that far again, until college. And then, three months later, I left for college.

Now I live my life with Margo Roth Spiegelman as a paper memory.