Chapter Twenty-Five; Happy Endings are Stories that Haven't Ended Yet

Start from the beginning

            Louis had to go pick up his car at almost the next border line of New York―he was closer to Canada sure thing, but he would still be able to make it. And of course Harry is to spend the night with the wonderful Emma Ostily and it’ll only lead him to giving in to what she wants―which is what every hormonal teenager wants; a chance to sleep with the Harry Styles. Despite her already have done so, they haven’t as a couple yet but because she doesn’t know that he’s in fact with Louis. By spiking Harry’s drink earlier at the hotel, he will feel the need to drink more and keep his memory on a buzz leaving him to forget about everything for a period of time as he is to live in the moment.

            I smiled at the idea of my master plan working out―and I know it’s going to, I’m just that predictable for once and I didn’t exactly care.

            Just as I was about to sat down I heard a loud knock on my door.

            I wasn’t sure whether to be annoyed or not―I didn’t exactly want to be alone as I felt like gloating about the event that is about to take place but at the same time being on my own didn’t sound too bad either.

            With a light sigh, I turned around and walked to towards the entrance.

            And in the moment that I opened the door a fist flew to my left cheek, hitting with me a strong force that made me stumble back a few steps. Anger shot up in me in less than three seconds as my hand barely had time to cover my cheek and my mind only just able to process what just had happened as I looked and was ready to swing at the person myself.

My fist mid air, I stopped―I couldn’t hit her.

I sucked a breath to try and calm own, “Brenda?”

“Oh, don’t ‘Brenda’ me, Roger.” She snapped walking past me and into my office.

I turned around, shutting the door and looking at her with a disbelieving look.

“Why the hell did you hit me for?” I demanded, rubbing my face lightly.

Brenda was a lefty and not only did she punch hard but she was wearing her diamond ring that I had gotten her when we got married―only to make a really pain to my face. I have to say, I was proud of her for being able to throw a hit, those can always come in handy―unless it comes to me, then she can at least try to talk to me. I just hope her strike doesn’t bruise my face.

“Oh, don’t act so innocent, Roger.” She almost snapped as she leaned against my desk, looking around lightly. “Don’t start playing me as a dumb bitch just yet.”

This must be how Harry feels when people pick arguments on things he doesn’t remember―shame.

I frowned, “Explain to me what I did then, because last time I checked I was.”

“Yeah?” She asked, stepping away from my bureau, walking towards me with her arms crossed over her chest, “So fucking random girls behind my back at meetings is considered innocent? Taking them out for coffee and paying them expensive treats? No wonder I never really see the money you make at home. And I won’t forget to mention the moment where the sneak out of our house!”

By the end Brenda was shouting, boy was she ever mad.

“That is not only yours and mines but my parents, Roger!” She yelled, “What kind of sick fuck are you!?”

I rolled my eyes and walked passed her to go pick up a file from my desk and pretending to view it, and of course the woman she is―always asking the questions before my mind was able to speak it itself.