Chapter 17

Chapter 17: *Cora POV*

"Basil, garlic, lavender, sage, rosemary, and pine." I list off pointing at the corresponding bottles filled with herbs.

"Right! You're getting the hang of this. You sure you aren't already a witch?" Delilah jokes for the twentieth time today.

We've been working on me memorizing herbs since we got settled after lunch. Irene held her promise and allowed us to choose a room, we picked the one we stayed in the previous night, and sent two of the younger adults to help us pack. They knew the layout of the town since they go in to work so they knew where we lived. Unfortunately, when we came from the states we only bought a suitcase each and enough clothes to look like we were going on a trip to not draw suspicion to our lack of items; already did that once don't need to do that again. To prevent the need of having to worry about extra luggage if we needed to escape, we had bought only another suitcase each and clothes to fit in there shortly after arriving in Ireland. We didn't bother with furniture, except a small sofa in the living room, so the only help we needed was maneuvering it out of our house and into our new room. We left the kitchen supplies we had in the apartment; after seeing the amazing kitchen the pack house had we decided our supplies would only add clutter. We figured the dining room table and bed would be helpful to whoever moved in next, if they needed it of course.

We left a note for the landlord on said table saying, "Thanks so much for letting us be tenants under you, but we found a new place and moved in immediately. This month's rent was already payed, so please don't try to chase us down to pay you 'leaving fees' like a lot of cheap landlords do, you aren't like that. The bed and kitchen things are free to use or do whatever with, we don't need them where we moved." And signed it with our "married couple" names, Jasper and Cora Grant. I know, usually the girl takes the guy's name but everyone in the states knows Jasper's last name, we couldn't risk being found.

"Hellooo." Delilah snaps in my face. "Earth to Cora?"

"Hmm?"

"Lost you there for a second. Did you inhale anything without asking me what it was?" she chuckles.

"No, sorry we've just been at this for hours. My brain can't take anymore." I laugh and mime my head exploding.

"Ok, we can stop for today." She laughs, "But tomorrow you are getting a quiz."

"Awesome, I'm great at quizzes."

We leave the room, a medical type room next to her bedroom, to find everyone else. We first go to Colin's study, thinking they'll be there reading books but no one was there.

"Where could they be?" I ask, just as we hear yelling from outside.

We share confused looks before going out the front door to see a commotion. At the bottom of the steps stands Irene, watching everything with a look of amusement. I go to her, trying to figure out what I'm watching.

"What's going on?" I ask as I get to her.

"Just the boys having some fun." She laughs. "Colin wanted to test out Jasper's agility and show some of the pack members how a vampire fights."

"What?! Colin and Jasper are fighting?"

"Sparring, so no one is in real danger. Hey, Cora!" Her words went in one ear and out the other as I was already running towards the fight happening in front of us.

I pushed aside some of the werewolves hanging around watching the fight and received some looks for it, but I didn't care. I got through the crowd and saw Jasper snarling at a black wolf, bigger than normal wolves, with bright blue eyes that looked familiar somehow. As I watched, they circled each other then lunged, Jasper being faster than the wolf but the wolf being stronger. Jasper somehow got on top of the wolf and was trying to put him down but the wolf threw him off, Jasper hitting the ground hard. The wolf stood over him with his giant paw on his chest, pinning him to the ground. He struggled to get the wolf off of him as the wolf's face got closer to his own, growling low in his chest. He snapped at Jasper's face and I screamed.