Chapter 16

Chapter 16: *Cora POV*

"I guess it's fortunate for you that you decided on Ireland. We have no hunters here."

"Yea, Jasper said he hasn't smelt any the whole year we've been here."

I had just gotten done explaining everything that's happened so far when Delilah and Irene came back. The longer Jasper is being held, the more he's been struggling against Steel and I'm worried he's going to break out soon.

Delilah comes over to the desk and places different herbs on it. Irene follows and places two knives and a small bowl near the herbs.

"Two knives?"

She holds her finger against her lips in a shh motion. "Only one, are your eyes ok? Delilah realized when we were getting ingredients that the blood of the one who is the trigger might work better to break the spell. Make him think he finished the job."

Delilah slips a note in front of myself and Colin, he knows we said Cora's blood will break the spell, the spell won't let him drink it even if we force feed him. Colin is the trigger, so he might react to the smell of his blood, like Irene said. We'll use his blood to cover the smell of Cora's and get him to drink it. The spell might think the smell of Colin's blood means he's injured and make him bloodthirsty, he won't care where the blood is coming from.

I nod so she knows I read it and Colin grunts. "My blood might make him bloodthirsty. How do we know it won't change him permanently?"

"That's why it's a good thing he has a mate. Like he said in the bar, you're his rock. Be his rock today Cora."

I take a deep breath before speaking. "Let's do this."

We get to work like we've known each other for years, just like how Delilah and I work together in the bar. Steel makes Jasper sit on the couch and holds him down so Jasper is no longer standing. Delilah works on mixing different herbs together in the bowl and Irene comes over to me, hiding me from Jasper's view. She hands me the knife and motions to cut my hand. I do so with a slight sting and Delilah immediately hands me the bowl so I can drip some blood into it. After there is a sufficient amount in the bowl, Irene hands me a towel to press onto my hand. Delilah turns to Steel.

"Sweetie, be ready. We're going to cut Colin now."

He nods to show he's ready and she has Colin cut his hand like I did. I watch as Jasper reacts to the smell, trying even harder to break out of Steel's hold. I look back at Colin to see his hand is already healing from the cut as Delilah does some final mixing as she says something in a different language. Her hands spark a bit again and she looks up.

"You ready over there?"

"Yes."

Delilah takes the bowl over to Jasper and has him drink from it. Jasper doesn't react until it's all gone. He starts spitting, trying to get rid of the mixture she fed him before he stills completely. Steel lets go of him and backs off slightly. Jasper's head is hanging and he's breathing hard.

"Jasper?" I say, taking a tentative step towards him. I glance at Colin and he nods, letting me know he understands my fear.

"Steel is right there if anything happens."

I take a deep breath and reach his side. I try to look at his face and see his eyes are closed and his breathing is slowly returning to normal.

"Jasper?"

His eyes start to flutter open and he looks up, startling Steel. I look at him so he knows I'm fine and look back at Jasper. He's shaking his head like he's trying to clear it.