Chapter 8

*Cora P.O.V.*

"You guys know you didn't have to make us breakfast right?" I said as I scarfed down some AMAZING chocolate chip pancakes.

Jasper and I woke up a little while ago to the smell of bacon and pancakes and found Chris and Patrick in the kitchen making breakfast for everyone. Man do they know how to make food. A lot of it too.

"Cora." Chris sighed, "For the last time, you both are our guests. We can make you a simple breakfast, can't we?"

"Simple?!" Jasper practically choked on his food, "There is enough food for 10 people!"

Chris and Patrick laughed like they thought what he said was hilarious.

"We may not look it but we eat a lot. You should see the table at Thanksgiving." Patrick said.

At that Jasper looked a little green, "No thanks, I'm good."

We joked around for the rest of breakfast but as everyone was finishing up, Chris suddenly turned serious and looked at Jasper.

"So Jasper. You should know that we see Cora like a little sister and will hurt anyone who hurts her in anyway."

"Uh...yea. No problem here. I would never hurt her." He looked at me and smiled while he gave my hand a squeeze.

"Oh good. Now for some questions."

"Questions?"

"Yea the big brother-like questions and since her dad isn't here we get to ask the ones he would too."

"Oh boy." I whispered.

I knew the questions he was referring to. Girls always would complain in school when their big brother would get all protective over them and ask their new boyfriend of the week a whole shitload of personal questions. One was how old they were. I had fortunately thought ahead of time and after what Jasper overheard between them, we decided it'd be safer to say he turned 18 last month rather than say his actual age. Good thing we already talked about it because what's their first question...

"How old are you Jasper?"

"I don't see what age has to do with this." Jasper replied stiffly.

The twins share a look before Patrick speaks up.

"We just want to see if your...maturity matches your age. We don't want her dating some over protective prick who's going to force her to do things before she's ready do we?"

"No, we don't. So answer the question. Please." Chris said. More like forced out.

They really want to know his age. They are hunters. Well shit.

"I turned 18 last month. Before you try yelling at Cora for technically dating an adult, keep in mind she turns 18 soon too."

Chris and Patrick share a look, again, and they both seem to let out a sigh of relief?

What's with all the secret looks today?

I look over at Jasper and see he has the same look I must have.

What the fuck? I mouth.

I don't know. He mouths back.

They both seem to remember we are still sitting there and clear their throats. Damn these twins are freaky.

Many questions about Jasper's life later, the twins are finally done interrogating him.

We soon began to pick up from breakfast, us helping with my persistence even though they didn't want us to help. We were almost done when the phone rang.