Chapter 1

Chapter 1: Cora's P.O.V.

It started out as a normal day skating with my family. That is until I fell and He was there. Maybe I should tell you who I am first. My name is Cora Grant and I'm 17 years old and live in California with my younger brother and dad. We did have a mom but she left us shortly after my brother turned 2. Some lame excuse of "she can't handle two kids" so she went off on her own. Whatever, she's still a bitch to me.

So as I was saying. I'm at a rollerblading rink with them like we do every once in a while for "family bonding" which usually consists of me trying to avoid everyone, my brother wasting his allowance in the arcade and my dad sulking in a corner while full families (mom, dad, and kid or kids) have fun skating or teaching the kid how to skate. Lame and boring. I try to avoid people because I don't skate with friends. Only because I don't have any. I'm what you would call an outcast. I don't like the same clothes as girls in my school, don't like the same music, same things, I sure as hell don't shop in the same stores, and I don't spend my nights gossiping about who's dating who this week. Needless to say, nobody likes me. Well that's what I thought until He came along. Who knew a simple someone could change everything.

I was wearing my usual skating attire; band t-shirt I found in my closet and black jeans with rips and doing my usual routine of floating around people, basically trying to avoid them, and every once in a while skating quickly by someone from school so I don't get picked on for being here alone. Weirdly, all eyes that were teenager eyes suddenly looked at the main entrance. Probably someone making a fool out of themselves and they just wanted to see it happen so they could tell it in an even worse way than it was. I tried to avoid looking and instead did a few slow laps, not paying attention to anything but the music. A few laps later, I felt some one's eyes on me. I decided I was going to take a break in the "jail." The jail was a little break thing off to the side of the rink with two benches in it to sit in. As I enter the jail though, I do the most embarrassing thing ever. I fell.

*Jasper P.O.V few minutes before*

My name is Jasper Mikall. I'm a typical 17 year old guy although most people from my old school would disagree. I try to dress as low key as possible because I don't like to stand out so I usually dress like I did today when I decided to go rollerblading, black t-shirt, black jeans, and a purple beanie over my longish dark hair. I wouldn't say I'm ripped but I do have muscles although every girl in my old school would disagree. I moved to California to move in with my aunt who was never married or had kids since my parents died in a drunken car crash last month. Dad was a drunk and Mom was too fucked up on drugs to argue when he started to drive her to who knows where. So now I live with my aunt until I turn 18 next year then I will never make the same mistakes my parents did.

Aunt M drops me off at the front door. I wave goodbye and walk into the entrance. I guess they are not used to having new people in this roller rink because as soon as I walk in, every pair of eyes look at me, all except one. She looked like she was trying to avoid being noticed by anyone but I noticed her right away. I quickly get my skates and wait for her to come towards me again before I follow. Good thing she's going slow because I'm not the best skater. After a few laps she straightens like she could tell someone was looking at her. Me. I couldn't stop staring. She was my perfect girl, blonde hair and brilliant, knowing, grey eyes. Never before have I seen grey eyes but I knew hers were perfect. She starts to make her way to the break area off to the side of the rink and I follow her there too. I'm glad I did too because as she enters it, she falls and I'm right there to catch her.

"Hey are you ok?" I ask her.

*Cora P.O.V.*

I expect to hit the ground but instead I feel strong arms holding me up. Then a deep voice says "Hey are you ok?" so close I can feel the breath on the back of my neck and it sends shivers down my spine. I jump up so much that I'm back on my feet but facing away from the source of the voice.