Chapter 15

Chapter 15: *Cora POV*

We walk into the main entrance, escaping all the glaring eyes as the door closes behind us. The inside of the house is just as impressive as outside. The main hall is more of a main room, it's huge with a staircase across from the main door. Under the staircase are more doors and another hall. Leading from the main entrance way is a closed door on one side and an open doorway to what looks like the living room.

"Welcome, finally, to our pack house." A feminine voice interrupts my wandering eyes. I look to the top of the stairs and see a beautiful woman in a simple white t-shirt and jeans. Her pale skin doesn't fade into her white shirt as I thought it would. Her fiery red hair stands out as she almost glides down the staircase and as she gets closer I can see she has bright green eyes. Does everyone here have green eyes or something?

She reaches the bottom of the stairs and gives Delilah and Steel a hug each before turning to us. "Ello, I'm Irene; the Luna of this pack." She says with a sweet Irish accent. It's there, but not as rough sounding as Steel's.

"Hi, Luna? I'm Cora and this is Jasper."

"Luna means she's just as high as the Alpha, she's his mate therefore leads the pack with him." Delilah whispers to me.

Irene smiles. "Yes, I am the Alpha's mate and equal. Unfortunately, I am not the one who called you here, he is so in this matter I have no say. I could care less if people on the run stopped in our territory for a rest but he's extremely territorial."

"IRENE!" A loud booming voice yells from somewhere under the stairs, causing me to jump into Jasper.

"Yea, yea, we're comin' hold your horses." She says turning towards the voice. "C'mon. That's the Alpha."

"Oh boy." I whisper. Jasper squeezes my hand.

"Hey, we'll be fine. He just wanted to talk, right? Nothing to worry about; I won't let anyone touch you."

We follow Irene to one of the doors by the staircase and she opens it. Inside it looks like an office; with a bookcase on one wall, a couch on the other, and straight ahead is a desk with a computer and phone. Sitting behind the desk is a man who is big like Steel with short dark black hair and piercing blue eyes. His clean shaven face is set in a scowl as we walk in and stand awkwardly but it smooths over as Irene steps behind him and puts her hand on his shoulder.

"As my lovely mate said earlier, welcome finally to our pack house. I personally wish this had happened the second you arrived on my land, but Delilah has informed me of your lack of knowledge, despite being a vampire."

"Way to make me sound dumb." Jasper says.

"Jasper." Delilah hisses.

"What? I'm tired, it's the middle of the night, some man I just met called us dumb because none of my family ever taught me anything, oh wait they couldn't because they died. Sue me for being snippy."

I stare at Jasper in shock as I've never heard him talk like this before, even when he's exhausted.

"Jasper? Are you ok?"

"Peachy."

"No, he isn't." Irene speaks up. "Delilah, do you sense anything off about him?" she asks as she moves closer to Jasper, making her mate obviously uncomfortable.

"I thought something felt off before, but I didn't pay much attention until you mentioned it now."

As both woman move closer to him, I notice Delilah's hands start sparking something blue between them as Irene's eyes start glowing.