Chapter 7

*Jasper P.O.V.*

Cora fell asleep pretty quickly but I couldn't seem to. Could be the nap I had earlier but I think mainly it's the fact that THE GUY'S NAME IS CHRIS.

My mom's final words to me were to watch out for someone named Chris and we walked straight into one's lap. How could I have been so stupid?! Shit, gotta piss... I slowly crawl out of bed so I don't wake up Cora and attempt to find the bathroom. Key word being attempt. I ended up outside of the guys room and heard them talking. Me being the curious person I am, I stopped to listen.

"Patrick." Guess that's Chris.

"Yea?" And that's Patrick.

"Where did you say they arrived from?"

"Some bus dropped them off at the library. Why?"

"Did they have any luggage with them?"

"No."

"Then why would they have been on a bus that accidentally dropped them off at the library?" Shit.

"Now that you say that it is kinda weird that they came out of nowhere."

Shit. They cannot be getting suspicious.

"We can interrogate them tomorrow. But not in a suspicious way ok? We will have to be subtle about it. Did she ever say how old her boyfriend is?"

"Um no. Why?"

"Well, dumb ass if he is 18 then we know he's definitely human. If not...remember what we promised her dad?"

What the hell?

"Yeah, yeah I know."

"Well this will be a fun conversation tomorrow. Good thing everyone else is out hunting. Too bad her dad is dead. He was a good hunter."

"Yea, a hunter who fell in love with a vampire's mate."

They say goodnight to each other and I sit there in shock at what I just heard.

Her dad was a fucking hunter?! What the hell?

I run back to the room we are sharing and find Cora still asleep. Rather than wake her up, I just crawl back into bed and turn the bedside light on low. I grabbed the journal from under the pillow (we put it there for safe keeping) and opened it up. There on the first page was my mothers familiar writing.

For my son, Jasper. Hopefully your aunt tells you but just in case everything you need to know is in here.

Love, Mom and Dad.

Jasper, when you turn 17 you're going to go through changes that are different from other people. A type of puberty if you will. Hopefully we can be there to explain it to you or even have your aunt explain it but in case we can't, this journal is to help you.

You are a vampire. Yes, they are real. No you don't sparkle, that's a load of bull shit. You don't turn into a bat either. You age, but slowly. You can have a kid but only with another vampire and when they turn 18, they will become one too. If you have a kid with a human, they will be human. Hopefully someone explained this already to you because I don't know any other way to. Just read on and hopefully by the end you believe me.

Soon after you turn 17, you are going to start having constant dreams or nightmares involving ones around you and something horrible happening to them. You might also start dreaming of a creepy version of yourself talking to you. It just is a phase young vampires go through before they change. Some vampires continue having dreams past when they change and that is just a gift of prophecy.