Chapter 4

*Cora P.O.V.*

I started to slowly wake up with sunlight in my eyes. After blinking a little bit, I took in my surroundings. Looking around I noticed the room was basically bare save for a single dresser and a bed which was right across from a window with a fantastic view. I could see mountains in the distance as the sun came into view over the peaks. I was so distracted I hadn't noticed an arm was around my waist until I moved and said arm tightened it's grip ever so slightly. I started freaking out until last night came slowly back to me.

I untangled myself and sat up. Looking over I noticed Jasper was still snoring lightly. He was still wearing his clothes and shoes from yesterday and so was I so I know he must've been really tired to not bother taking off at least our shoes. I start to try to take off my shoes without disturbing him but completely fail when I fall off the bed. Standing up I see Jasper blinking in the same fashion I had before looking over at me.

"Hey," he says. Weird how just one word sent shivers down my spine. "How you feeling?"

"Fine. Little freaked out but otherwise fine." I reply.

"That's good..."

We sit in silence for a few minutes and just as he opens his mouth to speak, in walks Aunt M.

"Oh good you're both awake. Now come on, I have breakfast made." With that she walks out.

My stomach grumbled when she mentioned breakfast. How long had it been since I'd eaten? How long was I asleep for? Jasper crawls out of bed slowly and looks at me expectantly. I get up and stand next to him but not too close. He looks over and pulls me closer by putting his arm around my waist casuing an electric feeling to go through me. I guess he felt it too because I looked up at him and raised my eyebrow in question and he just shrugged.

We headed to the kitchen with his arm still around my waist. It just seemed to fit perfectly, like two puzzles pieces. I look up to see Jasper already looking at me and when he saw I noticed him looking, he blushed.

"Enjoying the view?" I tease.

He blushed even harder before saying, "Sorry...still trying to figure out what's going to happen after I turn 18..."

"Oh...you mean between us since we are 'destined to be together'?" He nods. "Hmm...Hey how do you know where you are going? Have you been here before?"

"Actually, no. I'm following Aunt M's scent. Weird how I never noticed before but I always found her. No matter how far she got from me. Now I know why. I was unconsciously using my extra sense of smell to find her."

"Oh. What does she smell like?" I really was curious.

"It's hard to explain...She smells kinda like lavender and spices...so like a spicy lavender...I don't know how but it smells good and I've always smelt her that way when I would visit her when I was younger." I could tell we were coming up to the kitchen because I could smell the food now. She made my favorite! Pancakes!

"Pancakes!" We both exclaim at the same time. We look at each other and start laughing.

"So..." I start.

"Yea?"

"What do I smell like to you?" We stopped walking and he turned to look at me. He tilts his head to the side and looks me right in the eye.

"Honestly I've been so focused on Aunt M's scent that I haven't really thought about it..." He moves his hand to the hair by my neck and pushes it out of the way. He then holds the back of my neck lightly and leans down but stops inches from my face, our breaths mingling together.

"Um...can I...kiss you?" He asks me. Instead of answering i go up on my tiptoes and kiss him. He let's out a grunt of surprise before kissing me back. It started off as a nice sweet kiss but quickly turned heated. He broke away first but only to slowly graze his nose along my cheek and down my neck. When he reached the base of my neck, he lightly bit it. Not hard enough to leave a mark but enough to make me gasp out loud. He looked up then and gave me a quick kiss on the lips before backing up enough so we could catch our breaths.

"So?" I ask after getting my heart rate under control.

"Hmm...vanilla mixed with something else...I can't tell what though..." His chest was still rising and falling pretty quickly and his face was flushed. I know for sure mine was flushed too.

Aunt M chooses that moment to pop her head out of the kitchen.

"Well? Are you coming to eat or not? And while you eat I'll explain the scents to you." and with that she left us with our mouths hanging open.

I turn to Jasper. "She heard us? EVERYTHING?!"

"Heh...well she is a vampire remember?"

"Ugh you're impossible" And with that we walk into the kitchen to eat breakfast and learn everything we can about vampires and Jasper's family.

*Kane P.O.V.*

"We know the Mikhall family has houses here and here." I pointed them out on the map to the other hunters. "Team Alpha and Omega should be radioing me in a few minutes to relay what they found at these locations."

"Hey boss, Team Alpha is on the radio."

"Speaking of..." I walk into the other room with the radios. "Alpha team come in."

"Alpha team here reporting back to base about location M1"

"Base here. Go on."

"Location M1 had no trace of anyone, human or vampire. This house hasn't been used in years by the looks of it. No basements or attics either. Alpha team asking permission to head back to base."

"10-4. Alpha team return to base. Omega team come in."

"Omega team here."

"Find anything at location M2?"

"No boss, sorry. Nothing. Looks like it hasn't been used in about 100 years maybe more. Omega team asking permission to head back to base."

"Permission granted" Where the hell were they hiding?!

"Hey boss I think I know where they are hiding."

Gotcha.

*Jasper P.O.V.*

"Ok...so let me get this straight. The spicy smell on you is a trait all vampires have?"

"Yes."

"And the thing I can't identify on Cora is what keeps her safe as a human?"

"Yes, how many times do I have to explain it?"

"Sorry just wanted to get everything right..." I looked at Cora but she seemed perfectly fine with the conversation we were having.

"Ok so-" I was cut off by a doorbell sounding. "Who the hell is that?" I ask.

"I don't know...no one should know about this place..." Aunt M replied.