Chapter Sixty-Eight.

Start from the beginning

Screaming began almost as soon as her body hit the ground and Chaos followed. The pack members ran. Someone towards the fallen couple and other into their tents. What I did notice was that not one little wolfy was clever enough to flee the clearing, to run for their lives, they all stayed; just hiding. It's pathetic, they're about to die and they're not doing anything to prevent it. The few pack members that ran towards Ray and the girl were caught instantly within Klaus' hold and he went to work, turning them. My eyes were glued to the scene until a heavenly scent drifted around me. Blood. Human blood. I felt my face begin to shift, my fang elongating and my eyes transforming into a bright crimson shade. My eyes found the one responsible. On the other side of the clearing, a older man was nursing an injured wrist, blood wrapped around his arm like a tattoo, dripping off almost in slow motion. Taunting and teasing me. I could feel Klaus scolding me in my head for killing someone that could possibly be of use in the future, but fuck it. Who gives a shit? It's not like he can kill me. I glanced at Klaus. Preoccupied. I then let my eyes flicker to Stefan. Preoccupied. That was all I needed. I left my spot hidden behind Klaus and appeared before the man.

I smiled falsely. "Do you need any help?"

He looked dubious and I had to give him credit for being smarter than I thought he'd be. He shook his head. "No."

"Let me see," I urged. "I can help."

But he knew that I was up to no good. I wasn't going to help him. He scrambled away from me, eyes terrified. And a thrill went through me. He was scared of me, truly and utterly afraid. I had control in this, whatever happened next was up for me to decide. I grinned sardonically and leered forward at him. "I want you to stand there and be silent. Not a single sound."

I was surprised to see that he wasn't on compulsion as he obeyed my order. His back straightened out and he remained silent.

"Good," I cooed, I reached forward and patted his cheek. He flinched under my touch and his bottom lip quivered. Watching him fall apart just under my gaze made me wish I had played with Andie a bit longer. Made her cry, sob with fear, I wish I broke her before killing her, to show her just how strong I was now. How weak and pathetically human she was. I loved it.

I let my eyes flutter closed and I inhaled deeply, the sweet smell of his blood attacking me pleasantly and I sighed. "Have any last words?" I mumbled. I moved in and let my nose breath in his scent even more, it brushed against his neck and he shivered. "No?" I questioned after he said nothing and then I remember the compulsion. I chuckled under my breath before I lunged. My teeth barely scratched the surface before arms hooked around my waist and yanked me away.

I whined the further away I got from my well earned lunch. "What are you doing Stefan?" demanded chillingly.

"Saving you from your own stupidity."

"Klaus?"

I felt him nod.

"And what's he going to do to me Stefan? Kill me? Tell me off and never to do it again? . . . Spank me?"

Stefan refused to answer, and just dragged me back to Klaus' side. He released me and I finally took a notice of the clearing. It was a butchers field. A massacre. Dead werewolves everywhere, blood staining each of them and the grass. I never thought i'd revel in this kind of view before, but it was beautiful. The only one left standing was the three of us and several human.

At least an hour had past and only three Hybrids had awoken -Ray not being one of them. It started of being fine and klaus was happy with the turn out but then it changed and it was obvious that they're weren't accepting his blood.