Chapter Sixty-Eight.

Start from the beginning

The chattering and movements of the pack just up ahead caught my attention. That, and the fact that I could smell the humans. God, I'm hungry.

"Can you handle the last couple of steps, Stefan? You're sounding a bit out of breath."

I smirked at Klaus and turned to Stefan who was visibly beginning to struggle under Ray's weight. "He is looking a bit worse for wear." I commented.

"I'm fine." he gritted.

"Whatever you say, Stef." I grinned at his obvious discomfort.

"You do know that it's a full moon tonight, right?" I said, glancing up at the mid-day sun. "And I don't want to die right now."

"You weren't this dramatic human."

"I was boring and I'm just being safe- as I said, I don't want to die."

Klaus rolled his eyes. "You won't die."

"And if I happen to get bitten by a werewolf? Will you cure me?"

"Depends on how well behaved you are." He smirked.

"Woof," I said sarcastically. "Drop the body in the middle Stefan, let's cause a bit of mild panic." I grinned.

We entered the clearing and the entire space was filled with tents and other necessities, a well right in the center. I knew that our presence was going to stir some trouble but I was dying for some action. Something that could help diminish the tiring strain my hunger was giving me and I knew the only way to relinquish the heavy control it seemed to have over me was too kill someone - or something, anything. The pack froze and watched as we waltzed into their home. I let my eyes wander each and everyone one of them, lingering slightly longer on the humans as my mouth watered, but watching them shrink under my gaze filled me with a sense of power.

Stefan did as I said, marching forward and dumping Ray's body on the ground for all to see. As soon as his face was identifiable angled, a woman screeched and lurched forward to his body. She cradled his head in her lap and her eyes watered. She looked up at Stefan.

"Who are you?" She demanded, tearfully.

Stefan remained silent and Klaus stepped forward. "The important question is; who am I." He smirked, "Please forgive the intrusion, my names Klaus."

"The Hybrid," The woman gasped. Several murmur set out among the pack.

Klaus' lips stretched even wider and he was on the border of looking rather manic. "You've heard of me. Fantastic."

I knew that Klaus had a big ego, it was obvious, he never shuts up about being a fucking hybrid but listening to him give his boring speech to the frightened little mutts made me want to wring his neck, make a noose out of the crying womans hair and hang him from a frickin' tree - see if he can still talk then.

"It's fascinating, actually... A werewolf who isn't beholden to the moon, a vampire who doesn't burn in the sun. A true hybrid." The gloating tone to his voice against made extremely violent thoughts come to mind. . . again.

"You're here to turn us." A timid voice spoke up from the far back. The woman still hovering over Ray's body looked up wide-eyed and helpless.

"No," She spat. "it's never going to happen."

"I wouldn't say never," Klaus said. And before the woman had anytime to snap back, Klaus had her on her feet, hand wrapped around her throat. His eyes were a magnificent yellow, bright and threatening - and I was jealous that mine only turned red. He bared his fangs before sinking them into his free wrist and then holding it against her mouth. She struggled against him but even I knew that it was stupid. And then in the next second she was lying dead on the floor, neck snapped in an unnatural way.