Chapter 4

Mike POV- 

Sitting in the airport was always so boring,  especially early in the morning and long flights were the freaking worst, I swear! But I can just listen to some music and maybe get some sleep, as long as Vic doesn't sit next to me and talk the entire flight like last time. 

I noticed Tony sat in the chair beside me and he was struggling to keep his eyes open at this point and I knew he'd probably collapse from exhaustion if I didn't do something to help. 

I stood up and walked over to where a few stores were located and entered the Starbucks there, ordering some coffee for me and Tony. I would have gotten some for Vic and Jaime, but they disappeared about an hour ago without saying anything. I assumed they'd be back before the flight anyway. 

After paying and picking up both coffee cups, I walked back to Tony that was now texting on his phone. I practically waved the cup in front of Tony's face to catch his attention and it seemed to work. 

"Oh.. t-thank you.." he whispered, taking the cup slowly before I sat down beside him. "You didn't need to go to the trouble.."

"It wasn't any trouble at all, babe" I patted him on the shoulder, until I realised what I had said then I wanted to slap myself.  Damn force of habit! He glanced away from me and took a sip from the cup before letting out a long sigh. "So.. uh.. Did you notice what name I used on your cup?" I said, trying desperately to change the subject.

He gave me a confused glance before turning the cup around to focus on the name written, "You really asked the barista to write out a coffee for 'Turtle'?" He laughed and lightly hit me in the arm.

"I made the girl laugh when I said I wanted another one with Giraffe written on it~" I winked at him, showing the name written on my own coffee cup. 

"Let's take a photo!" Tony said happily as he took out his phone from his pocket, clicking the camera icon and held the phone up, so we were both in frame. We also had the Starbucks in frame too with the names showing and Tony did his usual big smile. Before he took the picture though, I leaned in and kissed him on the cheek. I saw the crimson colour lighting up his face as he turned away, looking at the phone. "I look awful" he pouted and laughed to himself.

"Nah, Shut up. You always look perfect and your smile could melt even the toughest man's heart" I whispered and brushed the back of my hand over his cheek. "Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go kick my own ass for saying that~" 

Tony just laughed at me and rested his head on my shoulder for a few minutes. I draped my arm over the back of the chair, so he could move closer if he wanted and surprisingly enough, he actually closed the space between us. I'll admit I was tempted to wrap my arms around him, but that might just make him feel awkward and I might not have the chance to do this again. 

As all these thoughts were darting back and forth in my head, Tony sat up and glanced at me, our eyes locking onto each other's. It just made me think back to last night, I hadn't kissed Tony in about 2 years and yesterday had just brought back all the fireworks that came with kissing him. I wanted to do it again and I could have sworn from the looks he was giving me, he wanted it too. 

I placed my hand over his then leaned in slowly and it didn't look like he was going to move away, so maybe that meant he was fine with it. 

"Come on! Time to go!" Vic yelled from behind us and Tony almost immediately jumped up, grabbing his bags. I thought it was the little brothers that were supposed to be a pain in the ass, but I don't think I'd ever cock-blocked Vic once during the time I lived with him. He'll pay for that though.

----

Once we were on the plane, I was already feeling tired and the movie that was playing was utter shit. But there was one good thing happening right now, well 2 I guess.  I was sat by the window, so I could look down at the beautiful sights as the world passed by. But there was an even better sight sitting right next to me. Tony had swapped seats with Jaime about an hour ago and now was practically using me as a pillow. Not that I minded though. 

His head was resting in my lap while his legs were curled up to his chest and my hoodie was draped over his shoulders. It was kinda lucky that it was only me and Tony sat here, I think it would have been very awkward if someone was sitting next to him. 

I hated the fact that we'd broken up in the first place as I still really loved him and no matter how much I smoked,drank or how many people I'd been with.. Nothing would make me forget about him. 

After the break up, I didn't know how to cope with it.. So I went out and drank till I passed out on some dudes floor. I hadn't tried to show any kind of weakness to anyone and I basically went back to treating everyone like shit. I bottled up my emotions from the miscarriages and the break up until it got too much and I broke down piece by piece. I still don't think I've recovered from it all, but I'm certainly not as bad as I was a year or so ago.  I wanted to be friends with Tony for the sake of the band but when I came back on tour and saw him, I just wanted him back and treat him right this time... 

But I probably don't even deserve another chance after everything that's happened between us...

|| Should I maybe do a flashback chapter? Would anyone be interested in that? 

***Please comment***