thirty/epilogue

*two years later, January 2017*

"Almost two years and we're finally going on our honeymoon," Luke laughs. "Sorry it took so long."

I put the rest of my folded clothes into my suitcase and zip it up, then look at Luke. "No need to apologize, babe, you've definitely been busy. We moved into a new house, we had another kid, then you had your own headline tour, and then promotion for Sounds Good Feels Good. It's been amazing. Now you get to chill." 

He smiles as he presses a quick kiss to my lips. "So are we gonna drop off the kids before we head to the airport?"

"Yeah, I think I've packed up Lily's stuff," I nod my head as I walk out of our room, towards Lily's. 

I stand in the doorway and watch her pack up her Barbies, then knock on her door, which makes her turn to me with a smile. I walk into the almost-three year old's room and kneel down to her level.

"You ready to go, kiddo?" 

She nods her head excitedly with a smile. "Is Laya coming to uncle Ashton and aunt Andi's too?"

"No, baby girl, she's staying at nana Liz's house."

Lily has a sad look on her face once she finds out that her one year old sister isn't going to be spending the week with her at Ashton's apartment that has recently been housing his girlfriend, and my friend, Andi. I hear Luke coming up behind me and I step out of the room so he can spend time with Lily. 

"Who's ready for the tickle monster?!" he yells as he crouches down to attack Lily with tickles.

She shrieks loudly then erupts in a fit of laughter. I smile to myself and walk into our almost-two year old's room so I can get her ready to go. I pack up her stuff and some toys and activities so she won't completely wear out Liz during our 5 days of being away. Once I'm done, Luke takes all of our bags and loads them into the car. He comes back in and takes Lily out to the car to buckle her up in her carseat, and I carry sleeping Laya out to the car to put her in her carseat. 

First we drop off Laya. She cries once she realizes what's happening but eventually calms down by Luke's assuring words, and bribes. He promises that if she acts like a big girl that once we come back, he'll buy her that big pony toy she's been wanting. I shake my head at his shameless bribe but am thankful that she didn't throw a huge fit by us leaving. Once we get her all settled in, we say goodbye to Liz and Laya, then get back in the car to drive Lily to Ashton's house. 

Andi happily opens the door after I knock on it and she picks up Lily in a big hug.

"Ash, Luke and Casey are here," Andi calls out. 

I hear Ashton running down the stairs and he eventually he's standing beside Andi. Lily jumps down from Andi's arms and gives Ashton's legs the biggest hug, a huge smile on her face. I hand Andi Lily's bags and she takes them inside, then meets us back at the door. 

"Thank you so much for watching her this week," I thank them.

"Its our pleasure!" Ashton smiles.

"Yeah, thanks for letting us watch her!" Andi grins.

Luke nudges me, telling me that if we don't leave soon, we'll miss our flight to Bali. We thank Ashton and Andi again and say our goodbyes to Lily, then get back in the car, on our way to the airport. 

"Wow, I think this is the longest time I'll ever be away from the girls."

"Yeah. But we'll be having fun, and they're gonna have fun, and the time will fly by," Luke assures me. 

I agree and enjoy the rest of the ride to the airport. Once we get there, we get checked in, check in our luggage, then board the plane. 

"Well, Mrs. Hemmings, I know its a few years late, but we're finally going on our honeymoon."

"These past few years have been so amazing, Luke! Ever since we got married, our lives have changed so much!" I say excitedly, a huge smile on my face. 

He smiles back and takes my hand in his. He kisses my lips sweetly and I sit back and smile.

"I wouldn't have it any other way."