two

I wake up to the sound of my phone vibrating against my bedside table.

"Hello?" I say, my voice still clouded with sleep.

"Morning cutie," Ashton says.

"Oh hey," I say. "What's up?"

"Well I was just wondering if you wanted to hang out today?" he says.

"Uh, yeah sure," I say.

"Okay. I'll pick you up in an hour. Sound good?" he says.

"Yeah okay," I say and hang up.

I get out of bed and walk into my bathroom to take a shower. I change into a pair of black ripped jeans and a gray v neck. I curl my hair and slip on my black vans. I walk over to my dresser and put on my many band-themed bracelets.

I walk downstairs and eat breakfast, then wait for Ashton to come. He knocks on the door a few minutes later and I walk outside and to his car with him.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"I was thinking the mall, then lunch?" Ashton smiles, opening the car door for me.

"Okay," I say.

"Are you okay? You look sad," he says.

"Um yeah I'm fine," I lie.

"Okay, if you're sure," he says as he interlocks our fingers together and starts driving.

* * *

"So, where do you want to go to lunch?" Ashton asks.

"I'm fine with wherever you wanna go," I say.

Ashton drives for a few more minutes then pulls into the parking lot of 'Samie's Pizza'.

"Is here okay with you?" he asks me.

"Uh, yeah. I love this place," I say and get out.

We get seated and order our food.

"So, how are things going with your dad?" he asks.

"Um good I guess. He moved out. He's living with his girlfriend now," I say.

"Oh, so you're in that big house all alone?" he says.

"Its not really that big. And I'm fine with it," I say. "I like being alone sometimes."

"Well if you ever need company, I'm here," he smiles as he rests his hand on mine.

"I know," I smile back.

"Is everything okay between us? Did I do something wrong?" he asks, looking in my eyes.

"Yeah, everything is okay. Sorry, I'm just tired today," I say.

"Oh, uh, do you want me to take you home?" he asks.

"No, its okay," I smile.

Our food comes and we eat, talking occasionally.

"Casey," Ashton says.

"Yeah?" I say.

"I know its only been nearly two weeks since we started dating but I've known you for four years and I, I think I love you," he says.

"You what?" I say softly.

"I love you, Casey," he looks in my eyes.

My heart sinks to my stomach and my palms start to sweat.

"Uh, are you okay? You look a little ill," he asks frantically.

"I, I gotta go. I'll call you later," I say as I put a tip on the table then walk out of the restaurant.

I walk about 3 blocks and realize that I still have about a 15 minute walk back to my house. I pull out my phone and wait for the person on the other line to pick up.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Calum? Can you pick me up and take me to my house?" I ask.

"Why?" he asks.

"Its a long story," I say.

"Sure, where are you?" he asks.

"Three blocks away from Sammie's," I tell him.

"Okay, I'll be there in like 5 minutes," he says and hangs up.

I sit on a nearby bench until I see Calum's car pull up and I get in.

"So why did I have to pick you up?" he asks.

"Ashton just told me he loved me," I say, still shocked.

"Whoa! What?" he exclaims, looking at me.

"Yeah I'm shocked too," I say.

"Well did you tell him that you love him back?" he asks.

"No," I say.

"You don't love him?" he asks.

"I don't know. I really care about Ash but, I'm still in love with Luke," I say.

Calum suddenly slams the breaks. "You're what?" he yells, shocked, as he looks in my eyes.

"I obviously still love Luke," I say.

A car pulls up behind us and honks their horn, telling us to go. Calum starts driving again.

"Well what are you going to do?" he asks.

"I don't know," I trail off. "I want to be with Luke but I don't wanna hurt Ash."

"You can't have them both, Casey," he says.

"I know, I know. I just need to think about it," I say.

Calum pulls into my driveway and I start to get out.

"Thanks for dropping me off," I say as I start to walk to the door.

"Hey, Casey," he says as his window rolls down. "I don't know if this will help you make your decision, but Luke has been a wreck ever since you broke up with him. He barely talks to Mikey and I. Its like a part of him is missing without you," he says then drives away.

I walk onto my porch and see a note in my door. I take it out and walk inside.

"Dear Casey,
Writing this note to you will probably do me no good, but I'm going to try. I've made many mistakes in life and some of them came with bad consequences, but making the stupid mistake of cheating has had the worst consequence: losing the love of my life, my everything, you. Ever since it happened, I hated myself. I didn't feel worthy to call you mine. The word "sorry" can't express how sorry I actually am. I hope someday you will forgive me and I will be able to call you mine again.
I love you,
Luke."

Instead of thinking about the note and what Ashton told me earlier, I decide to go to the store to get my mind off things. I look through the kitchen to see what I need, then get in my car and drive to the store.

I walk through the isles, getting the items on my list. My phone starts to ring so I pull it out of my purse to answer it. Ashton's contact picture shows up and I press decline.

I finish getting my groceries and drive back home.

I see the note on the kitchen counter, put my groceries away, then read the note again, over and over.

I take out my phone and go to my pictures. I click on one of the pictures that Ashton took of him and I. I look at the picture, then the note, then back to the picture.

"What have I done?" I say, running my hand through my hair.

My phone starts to ring again and Ashton's contact picture pops up on the screen. Again, I press decline, not wanting to face the decision of whether I love him or not.