twenty eight

*three weeks later*

I pack the rest of the clothes I need for the next week and set my suitcases by the door. I pull out my phone from my pocket and go to my messages. I click on Ashton's contact and type my message.

To: Ash
Is everything ready for me to come tomorrow?

I hit send and look at our texts the past few days, and the most recent conversation was about him and Izzie breaking up. He said it just wasn't working out, that she couldn't get over the fact that him and I dated and that I had given birth to a child that was his. I comforted him on the phone crying at 12 a.m. and assured him that there's way better people out in the world just waiting for him and that he'll find his one and only soon. Then we eventually talked about me coming to visit on tour and we set a date: October 4-8th. He updated me on what's been going on and I did the same to him. After we finished talking, I called Liz and asked if she wouldn't mind having Lily for a few days, and she was delighted. So I bought my plane ticket for October 4th to London.

As I finished checking to see if everything I needed was packed, my phone vibrated and at the same time there was a knock on the door. I go to the door and open it, seeing Andi on the other side with a sad face.

"Hey, Andi, how are you?" I say, gesturing for her to come in.

"Oh, Casey. I'm not great. Justin and I broke up last night," she sighs, hanging her head low as she takes a seat on the couch.

"Andi I'm so sorry," I say and hug her. "What happened?"

"I just can't connect with him anymore. He's not right for me."

"I'm so sorry Andi. Is there anything I can do for you? I'm going out of town tomorrow so do you wanna hang out today?"

She shrugs and nods her head yes, giving me a small smile. "We could go to the mall? Get our nails done?"

"Yeah sure! I'm gonna drop Lily of at Luke's mum's house so we can go afterwards if that's okay?"

She smiles and nods her head yes. I smile back and finish packing my stuff while talking to her.

. . .

My plane lands in London finally and I text Ashton to tell him I've arrived. A random person comes in a big black car not too long later and helps me load my bags into the car. We then get back in the car and drive to the venue. Ashton texts me back saying that he'll be waiting outside the bus to help me with my bags and will make sure that Luke isn't around so I can surprise him. We arrive not too long later and just as he promised, Ashton is waiting outside the bus, leaning against it and playing on his phone. He stands up straight and smiles as I get out of the car and get my bags. He greets me with a hug, asks about Lily, then helps me load my bags into the stowaway cubbies and we walk inside the venue.

"So when we're you wanting to surprise Luke?" Ashton asks me as we stand outside the back door.

"Um, I don't know. What should I do?" I frown.

Ashton puts on his distinct thinking face where he frowns slightly and bites his lip. "I dunno you could just come surprise him now or you could hang out in the audience during the show and surprise him after our set? Whatever you wanna do."

"Could I sit through your set?"

Ashton nods his head and smiles, walking me to where I can go without being seen by Luke. As the show begins, I'm sitting close to where the control table is, pretty much exactly in Luke's view. Occasionally, Luke looks at the control guy and tells him he needs to hear himself or the guitar more but doesn't notice me at all which kinda broke my heart. Once they run off stage I find my way backstage to their dressing room. The security guard was hesitant at letting me in until I eventually convinced him that I wasn't some crazed fan. I slowly walked through the doorway, looking around the room for my boyfriend. I hear a small gasp and look in the direction of the sound.