twenty one

I wake up to the feeling of kisses on the back of my neck and shoulders. My eyes slowly open and I turn on my other side.

"Hi," Luke whispers, grinning at me.

"Hey," I whisper back. "What a great way to wake up in the morning."

"I couldn't agree more," he says, a smile still huge across his face, then presses his lips to my forehead.

"What time is your appointment again?" I ask.

"11," he replies.

I grab my phone that's laying on the table beside me and click it on to see what time it is: 9:20.

"Okay we should probably start getting ready," I say as I start to sit up.

Luke grabs my hand and pulls me back down. "Don't leave."

"C'mon babe we have to get ready," I peck his lips then get back up.

He let's out a little groan and then gets up too. I walk over to my dresser and pick out an outfit. I then walk into the bathroom, take a shower, get dressed into my black skinny jeans and a gray sweater, do my makeup, and put my hair in a messy bun. I walk out of the bathroom and see Luke sitting on the edge of the bed, playing on his phone, waiting for me.

"You ready?" Luke asks, standing up from the bed.

"Yeah just let me get my shoes on," I say as I walk over to my dresser.

I pull out the last drawer and grab my combat boots. I pull out the drawer above that and get some fuzzy socks. I put on my socks, then my shoes, grab my purse, and walk out the door with Luke. We get into my car and I start to drive to his doctor's office.

"You take forever to get ready," Luke says.

"Its a girl thing," I shrug. "You'll get used to it."

"Yeah I guess I will," he chuckles. "How are you feeling today?"

"Good, actually. Really good. You?" I say.

"I'm great. When I woke up I saw the love of my life sleeping peacefully beside me. How could I not be good?" he says, a huge smile on his face.

"I love you," I grin.

"I love you more," he says, then takes my free hand with his free hand and presses his lips to my knuckles. "So, I've been thinking."

"Yeah? About what?" I ask, turning left into the doctor's office parking lot.

"About the baby. Where is he or she gonna sleep?" he says, both of us getting out of the car.

I get on the left side of him and he takes my hand in his as we start to walk towards the entrance.

"Hmm. I dunno," I say.

"Exactly. So I was thinking, we don't really need the dining room. Maybe Dad and Jack and Ben could help out and we can turn it into the nursery," Luke suggests.

"I think that's a great idea. But, I don't think you can renovate a rental," I say.

"You're right, you can't. But my house isn't rented. I bought it," he looks at me with a smile as we walk inside the office.

A smile spreads across my face as I write Luke's name on the sign-in sheet. We go through the whole check-in process and then sit down in the waiting area.

"Well that sounds amazing, Luke. I can't wait," I smile at him.

After a few minutes of us both scrolling through Twitter, a nurse calls out Luke's name and we walk into the room with her. She takes his blood pressure, and asks about how his hand has been feeling. He says that it's been hurting a little, but not too much that he can't stand it. The nurse tells us that the doctor will be in soon so Luke and I talk a little until she comes in.