twenty four

*1 month and 6 days later; May 5th, 2015*

"Congratulations, Miss Heart, you're the mother of a healthy baby girl," the nurse smiles as she hands me my precious baby.

More tears fall on my cheeks as I hold her in my arms, taking in her every feature; thick brown hair, her nose perfectly shaped like mine, blue eyes, and adorable little fingers.

"She has blue eyes, baby," I smile up at Luke.

He covers his mouth with his hand as he looks down at her, a tear falling onto his cheek. "She's so beautiful. Wow, we're parents, babe."

"Oh my gosh. Luke, we're parents!" I grin.

"I love you," he grins, leaning down to my face and leaving a kiss on my lips. "And I love her."

"Okay, I'll take her to the nursery so you can go to recovery. I'll bring her back later," the nurse informs me, taking my baby girl out of my arms. "What's her name?"

"Lily Grace," I smile at her, then at Luke.

The nurse writes her name on a sticker and places it on the outside of her temporary bed, then takes her out of the room.

***

After some much needed sleep, Luke sits down on the edge of the bed beside me and takes my hand in his.

"She's beautiful; just like you," he says softly.

"Thank you," I smile, looking at our hands that are tangled up together. "I already love her."

He smiles at me, then moves his head at the sound of a knock on the door. He gets up and opens it with a smile. "Hey guys!"

Michael and Calum walk in with smiles on their faces. "Hey Casey," they say in unison.

"Hey guys! Come on in, have a seat," I say, patting my bed for one of them to sit on. They walk over to my bed and give me a hug, then Calum sits in a chair that he pulled up to the side of my bed and Michael sits on the right side of me on the bed.

"So how is she?" Michael asks me.

"She's beautiful and healthy," Luke smiles.

"Can we see her?" Calum asks.

"Yeah, I think they put her in the nursery. Babe, do you wanna go show them?" I say.

"Oh, yeah, sure," Luke nods his head as he stands up and walks towards the door with Michael and Calum behind him.

They all walk out the door and I decide to try to get some more rest. About 5 minutes later, there's a knock on my door.

"Come in," I say.

The door opens and in walks Ashton, a mixture of a worried and happy expression on his face. "Hey," he half smiles.

"Oh, hey," I say, sitting up. "Have a seat," I point to the chair beside my bed.

"How did it go?" he asks as he sits down in the chair.

"It went great, she's healthy," I say.

"That's great to hear. What does she look like?" he says.

"She has my eyes and nose, but I think she has your hair and I know for sure that she'll have your smile," I tell him.

"She sounds beautiful," he smiles.

"She is," I smile back. "Um, I just wanted to thank you again for being okay with telling everyone that the baby is Luke's. It's a huge help."

"You're welcome. Plus, this was all a mistake anyway so I think it's best that she grows up with him as a father," he nods his head.