three

I wake up to sunlight pouring into my bedroom. The clock says 2 p.m. and I realize I stayed up til 2 a.m., my mind spinning in circles about Luke and Ashton.

I stumble out of bed and take a shower to wake me up.

I walk downstairs, eat breakfast, then get in my car and drive to Ashton's. I knock on the door and he opens it a few minutes later. He has a pair of gray sweatpants hanging loosely on his waist and a black muscle shirt covering his upper body, his abs and biceps visible.

"Babe. I was so worried. You weren't answering my calls and I thought you were mad at me and I thought I did something wrong and I-," he starts.

I step in and press my lips against his, putting my hands on either side of his torso.

"I love you too," I say quickly as our lips part, knowing I couldn't avoid saying it.

"You do?" he asks.

"Do I? Or did I just say it because I knew it would crush him if I didn't?" I think to myself.

"Yeah," I smile. 

His face lights up and he happily kisses me, pulling me close to him.

"Do you wanna do something together today?" he asks, taking both of my hands in his.

"I'd love to," I smile.

"There's this movie I really wanted to see," he says.

"Okay, that sounds good," I say.

"Okay, let me go get dressed," he says, running to his room.

I sit on the couch until he comes out of his room.

"Ready?" he asks.

"Yeah," I say.

We walk out to his car, get in, and he drives to the cinema.

"So what are we seeing?" I ask as we walk inside.

"The ninja turtles movie," he says, then gets our tickets.

We get in line to get popcorn and drinks and I see a familiar face.

"Oh, hey guys," Luke says as he walks over to Ashton and I.

"Uh, hey," I say, interlocking Ashton's fingers with mine.

"Oh uh, this is my girlfriend Megan," he says, putting his arm around her shoulders.

"Hi, its nice to meet you," I fake a smile.

"Yeah you too! So how do you know Luke?" she says.

"Um, we used to date," Luke says.

"Oh," Megan says.

"Well, we should probably get going babe. Don't wanna miss the movie," Ashton says.

"Yeah," I say as we walk away.

Luke's P.O.V

"So she's your ex girlfriend?"  Megan asks me.

"Yeah," I say.

"How long have you been broken up?" she asks.

"A few months. Why?" I say.

"Well you're obviously still madly in love with her," she says, taking my hand off of her.

"What? No I'm not," I say, lying to myself.

"Yes you are. And I can't date a guy who's in love with someone else. I'm sorry, Luke," she says and walks away.

Casey's P.O.V

After the movie is over, Ashton decides to take me out to lunch.

"Casey, I need to ask you something," Ashton says as we sit down at our table.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"A few friends and I are going on a road trip in a couple of days. I was just wondering if you would like to come?" he says.

"A road trip?" I say.

"Yeah. We're just gonna go to Melbourne and stay a week there and then come back," he explains.

"Who is going?" I ask.

"Just Calum, my friend Nick, and I," he says.

"Uh, yeah sure. I could use a few days away from here," I say.

"Sounds great. We leave in two days," he smiles.

* * *

*two days later*

"Hey babe we need to leave in like 5 minutes are you ready?" Ashton calls from the kitchen.

"Yeah," I call back as I drag my suitcase down the steps.

Ashton takes it from my hands and puts it in the trunk of his car. We get in and go pick up Calum and Nick, then start our drive to Melbourne.

* * *

"Hey guys we're here," Ashton says excitedly as he pulls into a parking lot beside the beach and puts the car in park.

We all get out and run to the sand. I lay my towel down, lay on it, and put my ear buds in as I tan. A few minutes later I feel a tap on my shoulder. I open my eyes to see who it is and take my earbuds out.

"Aren't you gonna get in the water babe?" Ashton asks me.

"Nah," I say.

"Oh, c'mon! There's no fun in going to the beach if you don't get in the water!" he says, pulling on my arm.

"I like laying here though," I protest.

"Don't make me do this, Casey," he says.

"Do what?" I ask.

Ashton picks me up, throws me over his shoulder, and runs to the water.

"Ashton Irwin if you throw me in the water I swear," I start but am cut off when Ashton runs into the water and throws me in.

I quickly pop my head up and look around for him. As soon as my vision clears, I look around and see Ashton laughing as he stands a few feet away from me.

I walk over to him and playfully smack his arm. "I hate you," I chuckle.

"No, you don't," he giggles then kisses my lips.

I rest my hands on his toned abs as he kisses me but then quickly push him into the water.

He pops up a few seconds later, breathless, and I start to laugh.

"Hey, no fair, you tricked me!" he says.

"Yep, that was the plan," I chuckle as I walk back to my towel.

I lay down on my towel to tan. A few minutes later a shadow blocks the sun. I open my eyes and see Ashton about to pour a bucket of water on me.

"Don't you dare," I say.

He doesn't listen to me and pours the water on me, then starts to run away.

"Ashton Irwin I'm gonna kill you," I yell as I start to run after him.

I somehow catch up to him and we both lay on the sand, panting and laughing.

"You're such a jerk," I laugh, shoving his shoulder.

"But you love me," he says sweetly.

I stay silent, looking out at the sunset.

"You do, right?" he asks, turning my head and looking into my eyes.

"Yeah," I say and kiss his lips.

"Oh, we should probably get to our hotel now, its getting dark," he says as we stand up.

We walk back and get in the car, then drive to the hotel.

I change out of my bikini and into my pjs, then go to sleep.