Chapter 2: Constance- New kid

Start from the beginning

I slowly turn to my door, which was wide open. I turn back and give him a sheepish smile. He just nods, towards the door making me feel like fool. With a sigh, I close the door shut.

"Now we can get going," he says putting the car in reverse.

I smile a little smile as we head to the school, my heart thumping with excitement. I know this will change my whole life, and I'm ready for it.

I've never been to a real school before; I've only been able to watch high school dramas through movies and televisions (or even hear it from Jared). I hope it's something like 16 Candles, The Breakfast Club, or even the Disney movie Prom. I hope I find adventure, my true love, or even something mysterious happen! Okay, okay, now I'm just pushing it, I hope I'm lucky enough to even get a friend.

We finally pull up to the school, letting my mouth drop.

"We're here," Jared announces, as he pulls into a parking spot near the office.

The school was huge! The brown building gave off a sense of dullness, but the kids that surrounded the school gave the place some color; especially a feeling of rebellion. I held my papers closer to my chest, my body shaking now more nervous than excited.

Jared turned off the ignition and looked at me. "Are you sure you want to do this?"

I looked at him with a confused face. "Of course I do! Why would you ask me this question?"

"Well you seem pretty nervous right now, plus..." he had a distant look to his face, making him think of something else.

I stared at him. "You're hiding something from me!"

"No! Why would you think that?" he says defensively.

"You know I have the little power of knowing when someone is lying to me."

"I know, but I'm not lying."

I stare art him, a little longer, knowing for a fact that he's lying to me, but I let it slide. This will not bring me down.

"Fine, but yes I want to do this. More than anything Jar," I say with the nickname I gave him when I was a little kid.

He lets out a big sigh, "Okay kiddo, let's go get you registered."

I squeal once more and get out of the car. As we walked, people looked at me as if they knew me; some even gave me nasty glares. Especially girls! Like, what the heck did I do!? I just hid behind Jared, and he instinctively put a protective arm around me. He always did this when we went out somewhere, or whenever I ran out of the house and got myself into trouble. Did I mention when my parents died I became a rebel?

The walk to the office felt like the longest walk in the world. I could clearly see the jealously in the girls eyes as I held my brother. They stared at him as if he was a piece of meat and not my own brother. I held him tighter to me, making me feel protective of him now, not caring if their eyes grew angrier with hatred. No one should stare at him like that.

The longer we walked, the more people noticed me. Some even called me Willow, even asking me why I dyed my hair, or why I even got contacts. I stared at them with a confused look until Jared pulled me away from them.

I follow closely behind him until we safely walk into the office. I take in the pale blue room that held very minimum painting. Gosh this room has as much life as a dead goldfish. Even the receptionist looked like one.

Jared calls to her, hoping to get her attention. I look at her to find her face glued to the computer monitor. Her hand slowly raised, her index pointing up, telling us to wait. Jared let out a sigh, turning around and leans against the front counter. I just stared at the receptionist, waiting for her face to peel off the screen and actually look at us.