Nicholas *Dean's Ending*

**Revised**

If you chose Dean...

Words: 848

"You have no idea what you put her through. You don't deserve her. If she goes with you and you do that again I will kill you myself. Someone as amazing as (Y/N) should never have to go through that. She doesn't realize that she's beautiful and funny. She doesn't know that she's the best mom ever. She doesn't think she's worth anything, because of you and what you did. Because you left her, she thinks no one wants her, but I do. I love her, but if she's happy with you than so be it. Just know that if you even think about hurting her, I'll kill you." You sneak back out to the living room, not caring about Dean's response. Does Gabriel really love you? How could you be so blind?

You run back into the living room and find Sam still sitting on the couch.

"Can I ask you a question?" You say as you slide down in the chair across from him.

"You just did." He smiles.

"Sam." You glare.

"Okay, okay. What is it?" He leans over closer to you.

"How was Dean after I left?"

"Oh, he was a mess. Drinking all the time and going on hunt after hunt. He was reckless and I was worried about him. He really missed you. He didn't even remember what happened that night. Dean loves you (Y/N)." You feel tears start to form and you quickly wipe them away.

"Why did he do it then?" You whisper.

"Why don't you ask him?" Sam nods his head behind you and gets up with a small smile. When you look behind you, you see Dean standing nervously in the doorway.

"Hey" He says with a small wave. You pat the couch across from you telling him to sit there and he obeys.

"Listen, I um, I'm so so sorry. I made a stupid mistake and messed up the most important thing in my life. You were the best thing that has ever happened to me and I, sadly, didn't realize that until I didn't have you anymore. I don't know why I did it. Hell, I don't even remember doing it, but I know that's not an excuse. I promise you that you were never boring. You're the biggest spitfire I know and that's a good thing. You're so funny and the bunker was so quiet when you were gone. You were the one that made the bunker feel like home." He got up and started pacing around the room, "I miss you so much it hurts, (Y/N)." You sit there in stunned silence as you take in what he said. You didn't expect that from him.

"You know that was a huge chick flick moment." You giggle even though you have a few tears in your eyes.

"Yeah, I know. Don't tell anyone." He glares at you.

"Fine, I won't." You say, "But I miss you too."

"Really?"

"Yes. Everytime I look at Nicholas I'm reminded of you. He has your eyes and your laugh. He's charismatic just like you too. I loved you and I was excited, and nervous to tell you we were pregnant and then you bring that home. My dreams were crushed, but I never stopped loving you. I probably never will. I just wanted to raise our kid together." Dean grabs your hands and pulls you off your chair and into a hug.

"I never ever meant to hurt you. That was something I told myself I would never do. You meant more than the world to me. I'm so sorry I missed five years of our child's life, but I don't want to miss anymore. I wanna be there for him and you. That is, if you'll have me?" He whispers in your ear. You start crying on his shoulder and he rubs your back. He takes a shaky breath and you can tell he's holding back his tears.

"I just want to go home, Dean." You whisper. You feel him smile and let out a breath he was holding against your cheek and he hugs you tighter. He pulls out of the hug, but doesn't let go of you and you see some tears sliding down his cheeks.

"I want you to come home too." He smiles. You smile back and grab one of his hands.

"Come on, I want you to meet someone." You drag him into Nicholas' room.

"Mommy!" He comes running over and hugs your legs.

"Hey Nicky-Boo." He scrunches his nose at the nickname. You bend down to come face to face with him and he grabs your face.

"Mommy? Why are you crying?" He touches a tear and his lip trembles.

"It's okay, Nicky. They're happy tears," You wipe them away and hold his hands. "I want you to meet someone. This is your dad. His name is Dean." Dean kneels down beside Nick. He eyes Dean with a questioning look and eventually breaks out into a smile.

"I've always wanted a dad." He says as he throws his arms around Dean, "You'll play baseball with me right?"

"Of course I will." Dean replies. Nick looks up at you.

"I like him."

"Me too, Nick, me too."