Nicholas *Gabriel's Ending*

**Revised**

If you chose Gabriel...

Words: 990

"You have no idea what you put her through. You don't deserve her. If she goes with you and you do that again I will kill you myself. Someone as amazing as (Y/N) should never have to go through that. She doesn't realize that she's beautiful and funny. She doesn't know that she's the best mom ever. She doesn't think she's worth anything, because of you and what you did. Because you left her, she thinks no one wants her, but I do. I love her, but if she's happy with you than so be it. Just know that if you even think about hurting her, I'll kill you." You sneak back out to the living room, not caring about Dean's response. Does Gabriel really love you? How could you be so blind?

You turn around and basically run back in the living room not wanting them to see you. How do you feel about Gabe? You've spent four and a half years with him. You raised a child together. It's not even his kid and he stepped in no questions asked. Memories about you and Gabriel come rushing back.

"What movie do you wanna watch?" You yell over your shoulder, "Nick isn't here tonight, so we can watch whatever we want."

"Hmm, how about Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? No, okay. How about Chocolat?"

"Come on, seriously?"

"Fine, fine. What about Chitty Chitty Bang Bang? Or Sweet Movie?"

"I'd prefer this movie to not be about candy and not mentally scarring. Thank you very much. Give me an actual movie."

"I don't know, why don't you pick tonight?"

"Because Gabe, I chose last time."

And that started the great fight. With pranks of course. You should've just gone with his candy movies, because it was not worth it. From hair dye in my shampoo to all my cupboards being filled with styrofoam beads, he only did the small painless, yet annoying pranks.

There's so many great memories with him. You realize that you have better memories with him than with Dean. Dean brought another girl home, drunk or not, you can't look past that. He called you boring, but Gabe has never said a mean word, not even as a jerk. Gabe has been there for you through all this drama. He helped you raise Nick.

You've been so hung up on Dean that you didn't notice the one who was always there. How could you do that to Gabe? How many times have you cried on his shoulder about Dean and broke his heart a little more? Dean has been nothing, but a jerk. All the memories of the bunker are him coming home drunk and talking you into going to bed with him. He didn't love you, he just loved that you were reliable. Gabe has never asked for anything. He loves you and he loves Nick. Gabe is the man you have been waiting for and you were so blind and dumb to be hung up on Dean the whole time.

"Nick! Can you come here please?"

"Yeah, momma?" He calls walking out of his room.

"What do you like about Gabe?" You ask pulling him on your lap.

"He's the best! My friends talk about their dad's at school and the cool things they do, but none of them are as cool as Gabe."

"You really like him?"

"Of course I do." You pull him into a hug.

"Let's go say goodbye to our guests okay?" You grab Nick's hand and he follows you to the living room.

"(Y/N)?" Dean steps forward.

"Yeah?"

"Are you gonna come with us?" You glance behind him and see Gabe, his normal laughter filled eyes are darkened with a layer of sadness. He mouths "go ahead" and nods his head, but you can see through his act. He genuinely just wants me to be happy. You look down at Nick and see him growing up with Gabe as his dad. All I see is happiness. Nick starts shaking his head.

"No, mommy. Please don't leave."

"Don't worry, baby. I'm not going anywhere. I'm sorry Dean, but I'm gonna stay here with Gabriel." You pick Nick up and walk over next to Gabe. His eyes go wide and his face is a mix between joy and disbelief.

"What? Why? You have to come back, I miss you."

"Well, I'm sorry. Gabe has been here for me more than you. I know that Gabe would never throw me away, drunk or not." You put an arm around his waist and pull him closer, "You can leave now. I've made my decision."

"You have got to be kidding me." Dean growls.

"No, I'm not. Now leave."

"Your loss." He shrugs and walks out the door.

"Goodbye (Y/N). Maybe I'll see you again sometime." And with that Sam walks out the door.

"I'm sorry, Gabe." You put Nick down and grab his other arm.

"For what? You have nothing to be sorry for."

"Yes I do. I should've realized this sooner. You've been there for me through everything and I repay you by complaining about Dean more. You've never asked me for anything in return for taking care of me and Nick. You just did it. I heard you talking to Dean and now I know why. I can't believe I was so stupid to not see the perfect guy for me was right here all along. Thank you for spending these past four and a half years as my friend, but I don't want to just be friends anymore. I love you, Gabe. I'm sorry that it took me so long to get over Dean." You pull him into a hug.

"You have no idea how long I've wanted to hear you say that. I love you so much." He whispers into your hair and you can feel him smiling.

"Can we watch a movie now?" Nick tugs on your leg.

"Of course, Nick. What do you wanna watch?"

"Charlie and the Chocolate Factory!"

"No, Gabe."

"Sweet Movie!"

"DEFINITELY NOT!"

"Candy Man!"

You turn around and shut it up by kissing him.

"We'll just have Nick choose."