e i g h t e e n

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Featured: Breaking Benjamin - Never Again

My Favorite from the Album - Dark Before Dawn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm sorry, Ike, I wish I could follow you right now. Please wait for me.

I hide my sadness in my eyes as I turn back to face Roy standing before me as my father clasps our hands together. He is giving us his blessing.

Even if I do follow him right now, what good would it do... I still have to do this. I am the princess.

I keep my focus on Roy's gaze, searching his eyes. These are the eyes I saw every day when I was just a little girl. I did not know any better then.

"Please let these two lives join together under my name and live a long and happy life together," My father finishes and releases his grip, allowing his hand to drop to his side, leaving our hands raised and clasped within the other.

"May these two finish preparing these next two days and grant them their happiness on the day of their ceremony," My father nods at us to release our hands and turns to meet eyes with Eli. "Excellent, my friend. I give them my blessings as well," Eli smiles as he turns to smile at the both of us. I force out a smile as well, looking at Roy one last time, then giving a curtsey before leaving their presence.

I walk away normally, trying not to run or anything and then Lucina materializes next to me. She has a worried look in her eye and proceeds to give me a hug. "Star, are you alright? Did you know about this?"

I keep looking forwards for a moment, forcing the tears back. Then I slowly turn to look into Lucina's eyes. My eyes hold no emotion in them. I feel nothing anymore. I slowly shake my head, indicating no and fall into her arms, hiding my face in her shoulder.

"Oh, Star..." She takes me to a place where we would not be seen by my father, Eli or Roy. The entire trek there, it took more and more to hold back my emotions. Once we arrive, to our place similar to the one I share with Ike in the other world, the tears began streaming down my face. I cannot not stop them.

An arranged marriage? Why father?

Lucina embraces me, allowing me to cry in peace for a few moments. She patiently and calmly waits for me to calm down.

Once I feel calm, I shove those emotions that were just pouring out from me and conceal them away. Those emotions only make me feel worse and weaker. Lucina watches me dry my eyes and then finds my gaze.