s i x

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you enjoy today's part! This part starts the excitement!

Image of Star using Fire Magic

Artwork Drawn by me

Copyright © 2010 by qstarfire.

All rights reserved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake to sunlight splashed across my face beaming from the window above the bed on the left wall. It is bright and I have to cover my eyes before I can focus on the room around me. I scan the room and it is all the same until I lay my eyes on the bedside table to my right.

Armor.

There is a nice set of armor sitting there, shiny black with red trim.

Where did Ike find this? It looks like it will fit me just right. Is it his sister's? It looks made fit for a young girl.

There are shoulder pieces, a chest plate with small indentations for the female chest frame, arm pieces with extensions for the back of the hands, thigh pieces, shin pieces and boot covers. I stand up, pick up piece by piece and firmly place the pieces of armor over my outfit and skin and fasten the straps underneath. Once each piece is properly secured, I look at myself in the small mirror and slowly walk around while lifting and lowering my arms. I feel heavier, but that will help me increase my strength. I feel better while wearing these. I don't know why but I just do.

I slowly open the bedroom door, walk through the main room and then through the open front door. Ike is waiting for me, watching down the dirt path with a stern look. He is standing with his arms crossed. He turns to my direction when I clear the door and we lock eye contact. A smile flashes across his face when he sees me wearing the armor.

"I like the new look," I tell him once I approach him.

"Agreed," He replies and lets out a short chuckle. Then his expression fades more serious, which is strange for him. "Roy and Lucina went out scouting earlier," He glances back down the dirt path.

"Is that where they are?" I look up at the morning sunlight, which is lighting up the forest around us.

"Yeah," He replies bluntly.

I walk forward, closer to the edge of the road, which lines a slope downwards towards the rest of the forest below. I watch the trees below and feel for my father's sword.