9

Afraid by The Neighborhood
________
Calum was taking off his sons shoes when he screamed. Calum looked at him fear in his eyes. he turned around and saw, the gang.

"Calum, nice to see you have a party. why weren't we invited" Steve asked chuckling. Calum quietly cursed facing back at Styles.

"go make sure Joy and the rest don't come out," Calum says and Styles nodes running to the back yard. "Kids! go back inside! the jumper needs checking" Calum yells and they run out giggling.

"Uncle Calum.. why do they look mad?" Layla asked and Calum sighs looking down at her. he points to the back yard and she gets the idea.

"what are you doing here!" Calum asked going to the group. Steve, the leader laughs.

"well we are your friends" Steve says and they all node.

"friends! i left you guys for a reason! we paid you to leave! so leave!" Calum yelled. Steve looks at him wit narrow eyes.

"listen, we are brothers, brothers don't leave each other. so we are going to go in and be family" Steve pushes him and Calum stumbled.

"no! my son hates you! you aren't going to ruin another thing from him!" Calum yelled and Mike- his actual brother- pushes him to a car pining him to it.

"we didn't ruin anything from him! you did! you are the reason Jason is dead! you are the reason why he is in the coffin underground!" Mike yelled. Calum spit in his face and Mike through a punch. Calum grabbed his face blood leaving his nose. Calum throws a punch to Mike.

"Fuck off!" Mac says pushing Calum off of Mike. Yet Mike went right on top of him and starts punching.

"stop! the kid!" Steve screams as Styles sees what happens. He sees his dad getting hit and dying.

"daddy!" Styles yelled. Luke runs out getting Styles coving his eyes. Ashton soon rushes out seeing whats happing. he pushes Mike off as Josh soon comes pulling his back. Ryan yells at them pointing to leave before they call the police. they soon grab Mike running out of the place.

Ashton touches his neck trying to find a pulse. He then looks at Luke shaking his head. Styles knows what that means and runs to his dad.

"daddy please, wake up, please i need you! i really need you! i might not be the best son or the good son or whatever! just please don't die on me. i need you more than ever! please" Styles says laying down on his chest. Joy walks out on the phone as she calls the ambulance. they come two minutes later taking Calum. Styles runs to Luke hugging him.

"everything will be okay" Luke says holding the kid. Styles cries onto his shoulder.

"i shouldn't have listened to him and called you guys over! he would have been alive!" Styles says and Luke looks over to Mali.

"Styles lets go to the hospital" Mali says trying to grab him but he screams holding onto Luke more.

"i am staying with my dad!" Styles yells and Mali was taken back. Luke looks at her and smiles not noticing what Styles called him.

"okay well we can go together" Mali says and they nod. Mali gets her keys and walk to her car. Luke and Styles go to the back hugging still as Mali goes to the diver side.

x

When they arrived to the hospital they were about to walk in when Styles stopped them. he looks at the hospital and then at Mali.

"i don't like this place" Styles says and Mali nodes agreeing.

"look Styles, i know what happen with Jason was ruff but we need to go in and see whats happening." Joy says and Luke looks in confusion. he didn't know who Jason was or why it made the kid not go in the hospital.

"okay, is daddy okay?" Styles asked and Mali sighs as they walk in. She doesn't answer the kid which makes his worry more. Joy is there already waiting for them.

"its on the 5th floor, i need to wait for Josh and Ryan" Joy says and Mali nodes going into the elevator. Styles soon gets tired and falls asleep on Luke. When they get out the spot Ashton on the chair next to the doors.

"I road with the abundance but they need to talk to someone about Calum. it seems like good news to me" Ashton says and Luke nodes.

"Since you are his best mate we are going to see what happened" Mali says as they both walk into the room. the mood changes completely. they were more quite. The doctor soon sees them and smiles.

"Hello um, we got him to wake up some how. his bruises will heal with in time. he isn't in a comma but he is very lucky. this looks like he has been abuse so i had to call the cops. so who ever saw anything will be invested" The doctor says and Luke shook his head.

"Styles is the one who mostly saw everything, i am not going to make him relive this" Luke says hold the kid.

"well then this case will come on until he wakes up which is tomorrow. good day" The Doctor left the room. Mali sighs looking at her brother.

"couldn't let the Jason thing let go?" Mali whispered as she held his hand. She looked back at Luke. "Has he told you about Jason" Mali asked and Luke shook his head.

"no but i would like to know" Luke says sitting down on the chair next to the left side of the hospital bed. Mali nodded sitting down on the right side chair.

"it was around two years ago, Jason was a wonderful guy and an awesome boyfriend to Calum. Styles loved him dearly. Calum was in this gang, there are called The Runners. weird name but everyone didn't care. they feared them and Calum happened to have a kid and boyfriend. Jason was somewhat part of the gang. so that also means so was Styles." Mali sighed.

"When Calum found out his own blood and flesh had to become a punk or what ever they are called he backed out. Jason soon after left too. Then one night, they were both out and god i wish i wasn't there. my kids where 11 and they saw what happened to their uncle Jason." Mali had tears in her eyes remembering what happened.

"The gang saw them and fought. then Jason throws a punch at Logan and he pulled out a knife. Logan stabbed him 3 times in the stomach. Calum and Styles soon watched as their own life died. police didn't care what happened and thought it was just a gang attack. it was, but so much more personal. everyone in my family soon found out and disowned Calum. Calum was hated by his own blood so he turned. he got tattoos and a piercing. i stopped bring my kids cause they saw the pain in his eyes. Calum never dated again, well until you" Mali says and Luke shook his head.

"we aren't dating" Luke says and Mali smiles shaking her head.

"um, okay sure. you stay here as i tell the rest the news" Mali says leaving into the hall way.

Luke looks at Styles thats on his chest and lays him down next to his dad. Styles cuddles up to Calum and smiles.

"everything is okay child" Luke says kissing the top of his head.

---
2nd update woot woot!

cried through half of this!

this was complete shit but whatever..