Last Chapter

*listen while you read*

I wake up to the sound of my alarm clock. I rub my eyes sitting up. Well today is the day. Wow I didn't know this day would come so fast. I look at a picture of me and Hayes laughing. I put it away before I regret my decision.

I get up changing into my casual wear. I put my hair up in a high bun. Lastly I put on my converse and grab my bags. I sigh looking at my empty room. I put the picture in my bag and walk out shutting my door.

"All ready?" Mom asks.

"Yeah." I say giving a fake smile.

I'm not going to lie I'm going to miss this place. I hand cam the rest of my bags and he puts it in the back of the car. I help mom put the rest of the boxes in the moving van.

I get in my moms car and take one last look at the house. I look back and plug my headphones in.
......
I arrive at the train station. I hand the guy my ticket looking around. Cam nods picking up my bag. I look around for any sight of Hayes. I see someone wave their hand at me. I give a sigh of relief.

He runs to me and hugs me tight. I wrap my arms around his neck trying my best not to cry. I look down and pull away. I look at the promise ring. The train blows it's whistle.

"I love you forever and always." He says.

"I love you for infinity and beyond." (Toy story reference) I reply.

Anaya comes to me handing me a gift. I smile and hug her.

"I'll visit you I promise." She says.

I give a small laugh wiping a tear away. She backs up giving Hayes and I space. I look up to see grey clouds form over the blue sky. A light breeze picks up sending a cold feeling.

He takes off his jacket and wraps it around my shoulders. I smile and thank him.

"Tell me how it is in New York." He says.

"Promise." I say.

He grabs my hand and we just stare at each other for a while. He breaks the stares by kissing me. I kiss back wishing it wasn't this hard. I wish his parents would let him come with me.

I wish that I could hold on to him forever. We break apart hearing the train blow it's last whistle.

"I love you." He whispers.

"I love you." I reply backing away.

I turn away folding my arms walking to the train. I look back again to see him on the edge of tears. I go on the train and sit beside Cam. I put my hand on the window.

He moves up putting his hand where mine is. Anaya tugs his shirt and he moves back. The train starts to move. He mouths I love you. I mouth it back. The trains starts to move faster.

I watch as the life I knew becomes a distant memory. I sit back in my chair finding a photo album in the gift bag. I open it and look through photos.

I smile as I go through all of them. We all look happy. I hold the album close to my heart staring out the window. Maybe NY won't be so bad?

I let a tear fall down, closing my eyes. My phone vibrates and I look down to see a text from Hayes.

H-
"This isn't goodbye. This isn't the end. This is a fresh new chapter. Live your dream. You will always have my love and I know I will always have yours. We will make this work I promise. Have fun ok baby? Don't give up on it. I love you so much. In two years we'll be living together so hold on. I love you again. Thank you for giving me the best three years and I can't wait to spend many more with you. Love you."

I smile and wipe away another tear. Live my dream. That won't be too hard will it?