Chapter 15-

I stand in front of the body mirror.

"You look stunning." Maggie says smiling at her work.

"I actually look decent." I say laughing. She smiles and does her final touch. I'm wearing some black pants with a floral top. The top says...'This is my freak side.'

She did my hair like I usually do. Braided on the side. I have some light makeup on. I just like the outfit. My parents would never let me wear this.

She hands me some brand new combat boots. "Ready?" She asks. Putting on her combat boots.

"Um I still don't know I mean I look good but this just isn't me you know? I'm not a hard rock person." I say.

"You'll be fine. The first night is always nerve racking." she says. I nod grabbing my purse.

"I hate wearing bikinis."she says fining her top. I just laugh following her to her car. We get in and she turns up the music. "This is a good song." She says.

I smile and she drives off. .....

We get to the party finally. The location is at the beach but the party is in a... Car garage? Seriously?

I walk out with Maggie. "Smile. Come on." She says pushing me a little bit. I laugh.

We walk in the party area. I see people smoking, drinking, and taking pills. Uh. The music is so loud I think my ear drums just busted.

"Hey Maggie!!" A boy, with dark hair that covers his eyes, yells.

"Come meet my friends." She says pulling me with her.

"Maggie!!" A girl with blonde hair, caked make up, and she's really skinny yells at Maggie.

"Hey guys this is my friend hazel. Hazel this is everyone." She introduces us.

I just give a small wave. "Oh come on have fun!" The blonde girl says laughing. "Here." She says handing me a bottle.

"Oh no I don't drink." I say.

"Just one. It won't hurt." She says.

"I said no." I say and walk away. Maggie catches up with me.

"Hey I know your still mad about everything but this was to set you loose. You know have fun." She says.

"But I don't drink." I say. She makes a puppy dog face. Don't give in hazel please don't give in. "Pleaseeeee." She begs grabbing my hands.

"Fine. But just one." I say. She laughs and drags me back over.

"One please." She says to the boy. He tosses me a beer. They stare me waiting for a answer. I breathe in and take a sip.

I look at them. "So?" Maggie asks. I just laugh not knowing what to say. They cheer and we keep drinking.

The music all of a sudden just gets louder and my heart starts racing. Is this normal? Oh well it's fun!!

I laugh and spin around. A boy my age walks over to me. "Hey what's your name?" He asks.

"Hazel! Yours?" I ask.

"Tyler." He says holding out his hand. I shake it.

"Want to dance?" He asks.

"Sure! Why not?" I put the beer down and walk with him to the dance floor.

"I've been working on some new moves." He says doing a crazy move. I laugh.

"I love it!" I say clapping. He does a bow. "What to go surfing?" I ask.

"Sure." He says. He takes my hand and we walk to the beach. We grab a surfboard and run to the ocean. I lay on the surfboard and we start going out further.

"Hey Tyler!" I hear someone yell. I turn to see another boy paddling to us. "Hazel this is my main man skater." Tyler says.

"Who's the cutie?" He asks.

"Hazel." I say. He smiles. "It's almost midnight." Skater says grinning.

"What happens at midnight?" I ask looking at them smiling. Skater laughs and starts paddling away.

"What?" I ask.

"Come on." He says. We paddle out even further.

"This is the best spot." He says sitting up. We sit on the surf boards. Then fireworks go off. I laugh and stare at them in awe. I hear people cheer from the beach.

I look back at Tyler. He starts leaning in. So do I. No Hazel stop! Snap out of it!! Hazel please stop before its to late!!

Before our lips touch a wave knocks us down. I swim back up and get on the board laughing.

"Come on." He says paddling away. I give a small laugh and follow him.