Chapter 27-

We get back home. I grab my suitcase out of the van. I walk up to the porch.

"Honey back so soon?" Mom asks.

I look at her my eyes full of hurt.

"What happened?" She asks putting down the watering can.

I look away and head to my room. When I get there I shut my door. I want to scream but nothing comes out. I want to cry but no tears fall down.

I sit on my bed staring at the wall. My phone has been vibrating ever since I landed. Apologies from Caitlyn and Ana. I don't hate them. I still love them.

I'm just to hurt to do/say anything. I hear a tiny knock on my door.

"Hazel? It's Hayes. I heard what happened. I came as fast as I could." Hayes says.

I just sit there looking at my hands. I know I shouldn't be acting like this but it's hard to let it go you know? I've been looking forward to this and it's ruined by a stupid fight.

The door opens and Hayes walks in. He sits beside me pulling me close to him. He rubs my back humming a song to me. It's our song.

We picked a song a long time ago. We would sing it to each other to cheer the other person up. I give a weak smile looking at him.

"There's that beautiful smile." He says kissing my nose.

I look back down closing my eyes. My phone rings.

"You better get that." Hayes says handing me the phone.

It's the acting company.

"Hello?"

"Hello this is a automatic voice message. We would love to congratulate the following people for getting the part they tried out for.
John Davis
Nikki Dwaine
Cameron Anthony
Travis Lucas
Caitlyn Johnson.
Thank you for everyone who participated. Remember there's always a second chance."

The last name echoes in my head. Caitlyn? She tried out for the part that I did? I text Caitlyn asking her about it.

C- yeah sorry but I wanted to be something
H- why didn't you just tell me? Instead you lied to me, and bruised my nose so I couldn't get the part
C- well you know you have to do whatever it takes to get the part. Nice try though. You were a great competition.

I turn my phone off throwing it.

"What's wrong?" Hayes asks.

"Caitlyn got the part I tried out for. It was all a stupid plan so she could get the part."

Anger fills his eyes.

"That bit**"

"Hayes. Language."

"Sorry. That sock! I'm gonna teach her a lesson."

"No. Don't fall to her level. There will be more opportunities. Besides she has to move to England anyway."

He sits back down nodding. I grab his hands and hug him tight.

"Thank you." I mumble.

"Anything for my baby."

I smile and kiss him. Maybe not getting that job was a good thing..... Right?