2:00 pm

I sat myself down at the kitchenette's counter, watching as Brendon, Zack and Dallon played a card game on the small coffee table in front of the couch.

"Bro, I saw you look at my cards." Brendon accused Zack.

"Why the hell would I look at your cards?" Zack asked, annoyed.

"Because you're too terrible at this game to win, and you know it," Brendon teased. Zack laughed and pulled Brendon into a headlock.

"Who's winning now shrimp?" Zack said, chuckling.

"I am," Dallon said as he placed his cards on the table. "Look who just won" Zack released Brendon, whose eyes were now wide.

"Well played, douchebag." Brendon said, accepting his defeat with a chuckle.

I giggled at them and spun my chair around to the counter where my phone screen was glowing. I picked it up and scrolled through my parent's threats until I finally came across a message from Nichole.

"ARE THE RUMORS TRUE? ARE YOU REALLY WITH BRENDON RIGHT NOW?" It read.

"Yep," I typed, wondering how she even knew about it. My parents? Maybe?

Suddenly, my ringtone started playing, and I looked back down at my phone to find Nichole was calling me. I slid my finger across the screen to answer it, and walked into the kitchen to get a snack.

"What's up?" I asked, even though I clearly knew why she was calling.

"WHERE ARE YOU?" She asked me, filled with what sounded like excitement.

"Close to Seattle," I said, laughing at her.

"So let me get this straight... A famous rockstar invited you to go to Seattle with him for one of his concerts?"

"Yep," I said, still chuckling.

"Has he asked you out yet?" I grabbed a mug from the cabinet above me and rolled my eyes.

"No, and I don't think he's going to. I'm not even sure if he likes me like that."

"Oh my god, you're so oblivious," she said after a few moments of silence. "He invited you to see one of his concerts. YOU. Out of EVERYONE ELSE, and you still think he doesn't like you." I looked behind me at Brendon, who was smiling like an idiot at me.

"I don't know..." I said, smiling back at him. "I don't want to get my hopes up in case he doesn't." I could sense her rolling her eyes at me.

"Whatever," she said, half joking and half actually annoyed. "By the way, your parents are pretty pissed at you. They even called me and asked if I knew where you were."

"What did you say to them?" I asked with concern as I placed my mug full of milk in the microwave and started to search for hot chocolate packets.

"I told them I didn't know" I closed my eyes and smiled, relieved.

"Thank you"

"Yeah, whatever. But you owe me one!" She threatened. I chuckled as I pulled the hot liquid out of the microwave and onto the counter.

"Not really considering Sadie told them where I am."

"Oh... right. I forgot about that," she said, laughing as well. I grabbed a spoon from one of the drawers and stirred the hot chocolate powder into the warm milk.

"Alaina, come here!" Brendon shouted from across the room. I giggled at him and took a sip from my mug.

"I'm right here, you don't need to yell," I responded. He jokingly rolled his eyes and motioned with his hand for me to join them.

"Sorry Nichole, I gotta go." I said as I started to walk towards the couch.

"Whatever, go spend time with your boyfriend," she joked. I smiled and hung up, all while sitting on the floor between Dallon and Brendon.

"You're just in time, we're starting a new game." Brendon said, smiling over me.

Oh lord, please let him feel that way about me