13

Castiel thought he was going to die. He was running out of air, fast. He wasn't sure he wanted to try Dean's "Underwater Kiss of Sweet Sweet Life" yet. At least buy him a drink first! But Cas was running out of options, so he turned around in the water and grabbed Dean's hand and tugged on it frantically. Dean immediately rushed to him and pressed him lips to his. Dean opened his mouth slightly and breathed in Cas's mouth. Warm air rushed in him and Cas took a deep breath then turned away. His cheeks were bright red, and Dean could tell even underwater.

             Dean laughed at him, his smile crooked and perfect, not that Cas was thinking that. Cas also wasn't thinking about how soft Dean's lips were or how perfectly they slotted with his own. Cas was definitely not thinking about how much he wanted another Underwater Kiss of Sweet Sweet Life. That would be absurd.

                                                                                                        ... 

 Swimming was tiring Castiel out. Yes, he had a continual life line of air via Dean, but his arms and legs ached. He'd been swimming for hours! He longed to just rest for a while, but Dean pressed him on. 

Cas turned to face Dean once more, Dean made to grab his chin but Cas pulled away. 

 "Tired. Need to rest," Cas mouthed, a few bubbles escaping his lips. 

 "Not safe enough. Just another hour or so then we'll take break, okay?" 

 Castiel stared at him. Dean had just said that perfectly. The water didn't garble his words the way it did to Cas. 

  That's not fair, thought Cas. He's showing off. 

 Cas grabbed Dean's hand and looked in his eyes. 

 "Please..." Castiel mouthed. 

 Dean sighed and grabbed Cas's hand and swam off into the east a little ways. By that time, Cas began struggling with his "I can't breathe underwater problem." 

 "Dweeeaanb!" Cas cried, his cry mutilated by the sea. 

Cas could feel himself getting lightheaded. He could feel every beat of his heart, wracking his body with shakes. Dean finally noticed Cas and grabbed his chin and gave him his famous Kiss. Castiel relaxed under Dean's touch and then breathed deeply, eyes closed, their mouths still pressed together. Cas slowly opened his eyes. They met the ocean green eyes of his companion. Carefully, Dean pulled away. 

 "Ah Cas," he groaned, "You're killing me." 

 Dean ran a hand through his hair, suddenly seeming distant. 

 "We should... Probably head on," Dean whispered.

Cas nodded, but wondered what the hell just happened.