7

The scale became Cas' new obsession. Almost every night he went out to the spot where he'd been and cast out his net and line, waiting for the creature to appear again. This time he'd be ready. This time he would catch the sea creature that eluded him.

This time, he told himself. This time. But no, the creature did not reappear.

"Cas. Cas. Cassie. Castiel, wake up!" Cas opened a bleary eye to see Chuck standing in front of him. "What do you think you're playing at?" grumbled Cas. Sitting up, Cas noticed his front door open. "Did you break into my house?

"Me? What am I playing at? I could ask you the same thing! You're out every night on that stupid boat looking for some stupid thing! Cas, why can't you just admit it's your imagination? You're going to get hurt and no one will be there to help you!" Chuck yelled. "And yes, I did. How did I know you were okay? You could have been dead!"

"You can't tell me how to live my life, Chuck!" retaliated Cas. "This is none of you're business! And for your information, it was not my imagination! I have proof!"

"Proof of what Cas? You have a weird shiny thing that could be anything."

"Get out," whispered Cas.

"What?"

"I said, get out."

Chuck stalked out of Cas' bungalow and drove away. Sighing, Cas put on his wet suit and prepared the boat to get ready to go out.

Maybe Chuck was right. Maybe it was just a figment of his imagination. Running a hand through his messy hair, Cas steered the boat to the area where the creature had been.