3

Just as Cas rushed into the house, the storm broke loose. The sky cracked open and rain slammed down in huge torrents, battering the humble bungalow. Looking out the window at the storm, Cas sighed. He knew that he wouldn't be able to get out in this storm.

Cas sighed again, and walked away from the window, picking up his phone. He threw himself on his couch and dialed Chuck's number. "Hello?" Chuck's steady voice picked.

"Chuck! It's Cas!"

"Well obviously," chuckled Chuck. "How did last night's expedition go?"

Cas sighed in happiness. "Just perfect. I've never seen anything like it! I wish you could have been there."

"You know I don't like the ocean," Chuck reminded him.

"Yeah I know. It was just... Magnificent," whispered Cas.

Cas could hear Chuck's smile, "I'm sure it was. Did you happen to get any pictures?"

"Of course. I'll send some to you straight away, but I'm going out again soon," Cas murmured.

"In this weather? No way!" Chuck exclaimed.

"Maybe not in the thick of the storm right now, but soon. I really wish you'd come. I'm going deep sea fishing."

"No, Cas." rolling his eyes, Cas sighed.

"Fine, fine. I just don't understand how you can hate the ocean."

"Just... Please drop it," mumbled Chuck. "I really just don't want to talk about this." After a pause, Chuck began awkwardly, "Listen Cas, I gotta go... I'll see you later okay?"

Hurt at his friend's abruptness, Cas said a quick goodbye and hung up. Cas just couldn't understand his friend's hate for the ocean! So many things had been left undiscovered in the vast majesty of the ocean. He'd make him understand. He had to.