What we actually are

Based on true events.

~Violets pov

Every human thinks that vampires sparkle or burst into flames when they go into sunlight. Or that they can't go a day without human blood. Some think that it's possible for us to live on animal blood. Others think that vampires don't even look human, that we can change form. Or that our fangs grow at will. That we have the overwhelming urge to drink blood when ever we see a human.

These stereo types are wrong but not completely wrong.

I sat on my bed that was covered in black blankets. I was already dressed and ready for school. I felt the silk like material underneath my delicate skin.

I herd a soft knock on my door. My head snapped up at the sound making my short black hair wave in front of my face.

" Violet, honey. Are you awake?" I herd the soft voice of my mother.

" I am now" I said back in my most tiredness voice. I had to make them bellies that I wasn't up all night and only went to sleep when the sun began to rise.

I slipped on my black high tops over my black skinny jeans. We were creatures of darkness any bright colors hurt out eyes. So wearing them was a no.

But at least today I wasn't in fully black I had a purple top on with a cross as a necklace. Oh yeah and another thing. Cross' do NOT hurt us. We actually like them. As long as god is not on the front.

I looked in my small mirror that laid on my purple wall. I fixed my black hair over my eye. It's how I liked it.

I was NOT wearing black lip stick and my skin was NOT pale as snow. Every time we put on any sort of makeup it burn like sun burn. Our skin is very sensitive. I sighed while in the reflection of the mirror I saw the sun rise through my thick curtains.

I pulled off the sheets I put over my window so that the light would not annoy me in the morning and stuffed it under my bed.

Grabbing my small back pack I head for my white door.

I opened it as my big brother passed.
" Hey shortie" he greeted me.

I was small for my age. I mean I was 15 and I knew a ten year old who was taller than me.

I rolled my eyes and closed my door adjusting my back pack over my shoulder.

I trudged down the stairs my feet making a thudding noise on the carpet.

I round the status and head to the kitchen down the cream colored walls.

The bright sun from the big window in the kitchen hurt my eyes. But I had gotten used to it and didn't react.

I saw my short mother busy making sandwiches that my brother would eat in a matter of seconds.

" Morning sweet heart" my mum greeted me.

" Yeah yeah" I said while I opened the double doors stainless steel fridge.

I got out a chocolate bar and shoved it in my pocket.

" You have school in 15" my mother told me was I walked towards the living room.

" Whatever" I answered back pulling out my iPhone from my pocket.

" Try to actually eat some real food tonight" my mum called out.

I rolled my eyes as I looked at my lock screen. A red bloody rose bursting through black cement. Perfect.

I unlocked it and saw I had a missed message.

It was my friend Amber. She was fretting on what we had today. I scoffed and shoved the device back into my pocket.