Chapter Nine: A Painful Weekend

Start from the beginning

"Katrina baby please wake up." At this point I could tell it was a male's voice but my brain didn't want to work and it was foggy and tired.

"Open your eyes Amor," the voice said. "I need you to wake up."

I groaned and tried to open my eyes but they were too heavy. "I can't," I crocked.

"Get her water," he said. There's was movement and then something cold was being pressed to my lips. "Open your mouth babe." I did as the voice said and chocked as cold liquid washed into my mouth. "Hey now, it's just water."

The liquid was back on my lips. Slowly I opened my mouth again and this time I was able to swallow.

"That's right. Now open your eyes."

Slowly I opened my eyes. It was bright and I covered my eyes. Once my eyes adjusted I blinked and looked around the room. "Brent!" I shouted but my voice was still horse. "You're back."

He smiled. "Yes I'm back and I'm never leaving you like that again." He pulled me close and kissed me. "I'm so sorry Amor."

"For what?" I tried to sit up but my arms were weak and Brent had to help me.

"Don't strain yourself too much. You're pretty weak."

I nodded and laid my head on his chest. "What happened? I felt like I was dead."

"You practically were thanks to Brent," Tamara sneered.

"Tamara," Justin hissed.

"No she's right." Brent hung his head. "Tamara if it wasn't for you she would be much worse."

"Is anyone going to tell me what happened?" I asked.

There was an awkward paused while Tamara glared at Brent who wouldn't look at me and Justin just stood there looking pissed off.

"Tell her Brent," Tamara growled.

"That's enough." Justin grabbed her arm. "He knows he screwed up so let it go."

"Someone hello, tell me what's going on." I was getting seriously annoyed.

"Katrina it is important for mates to finish their mating," Justin started. "It completes them being full mates and until that happens they need to be close to each other because the female is bound to him through his Claim. But when he leaves her she..."

"Her body can't take it," Tamara interrupted. "Not only is her body fighting the Claim because she hasn't fully mated but she needs him. Without her mate her body can't take it. Katrina since Brent left you he almost got you really hurt. It's why it's so important to complete the mating as soon as possible."

"And what would you have me do?" Brent shouted. "Force her to have sex with a stranger who isn't even human? She's not ready and I'm not doing it until she is."

Tamara didn't have anything to say to that but Brent had more. "You might have seen her but damnit I was the one who felt it." He left me go and stood up reaching his full height so he could tower over Tamara. "She is my mate and I know exactly what she went through and you have no idea what I had to go through to get here. Not only did I piss off a lot off my father but I'm pretty sure the other Alphas won't help step in when Renger goes ape shit so back the hell down now!"

"How did you piss off Lane?" Justin asked.

"I'll tell you later." He glanced back at me.

"Brent come here." I held out my arms and he came. "I know you're mad but don't be. You're back and that's all that matters." I buried my face in his chest.