Chapter 15

A/N: Guys, are you ready for the last chapter?! Because I'm not...

"God, Ana. I can't believe we have to leave today," Leesha says when I wake up on New Year's Day.

"Yeah," I say, sadly. Although I don't want to leave my brothers, I know that I need to get back to school. Classes start again tomorrow and we can't be late.

"It's gonna be weird leaving. I feel like after all that's happened, I'm apart of the family. When're we leaving?" She asks. I smile at her first comment.

"You've been apart of the family since the funeral." I plant a kiss on her lips, then tell her when we'll leave. Right after breakfast. It's 10:30 AM right now, and if we want to get back in time to finish up homework and get a good night sleep, we'd need to leave at noonish.

After getting up, we see everyone sitting around, eating pancakes and watching morning cartoons. Mighty Mouse, from the looks of it.

"Morning Ana. Leesha. You want some breakfast?" Ponyboy asks, not taking his eyes off the TV. I had to laugh. I love that even though he's in high school, he can still act like a child every once in a while. God knows that's not a trait Darry and I got...

"We'd better. Don't want to have to stop too much on the drive home," Leesha says. I nod in agreement.

"You're leaving today?" Dally asks.

"Classes start up again tomorrow, bright and early." I take my cheerfulness and hear Darry laughing from the kitchen. He comes out after a moment, trying to balance three plates in his arms. Leesha and I run to grab them from him, then sit down next to each other on the floor. Like always, Darry takes his arm chair.

"You'll come home again soon, right Ana?" Ponyboy asks, turning off the TV as his show ends.

"Of course. Spring break and I'm all yours," I say, smiling at him. Leesha huffs.

"Spring break and you're all mine, baby," she corrects. I lightly slap her shoulder, laughing. She kisses me.

"Cut it with the PDA," Dally says after a second. I roll my eyes, pulling apart from my girlfriend.

"Shut it, asshole. It's not like we'd say anything to you if you wanted to kiss Johnny," Leesha says, making the two boys on the couch blush.

"You kidding, Leesha? They'll never kiss in public!" I tease, only half joking.

"Sad, isn't it?" Leesha asks. "I don't care who sees us kiss." Now it's my turn to blush, as she pecks my lips, lingering up to cheek. A chill goes down my spine, and I can't help but enjoy it. But then I remember that my brothers and friends are watching.

"Leesha," I hiss. She stops, and then I look over at Dally, expecting him to say something rude to us. Instead, I hear Leesha squeal, and everyone else in the room is speechless. Dally seems a little busy to be making a rude comment. I can't take my eyes off of it. Right there in plain sight, Dallas Winston is kissing Johnny Cade.

"This isn't really happening, is it?" Leesha asks. I shake my head. Impossible.

"Can't be." But it has to be, if we're both seeing it. When they both pull apart, I think it might have really happened. When Johnny blushes brighter than I've ever seen him and Dally looks down at the floor, hoping and pretending that nobody saw what just happened, I realize that it most certainly did happen. They don't say anything, and nobody says anything about it for the rest of the morning.

At 12:00 exactly, Leesha and I are packed and ready for our four hour drive home to Oklahoma State University. Two-Bit comes to me for goodbyes first.