Chapter 8

"Now why haven't we done that before?" Leesha asks me after a moment. I shrug, wishing we could do it again. I can still feel her lips on mine. I long for a taste of her cinnamon sugar lip gloss mixing with my vanilla.

"I... I dunno," I say nervously. "But we should definitely do it again." She smiles.

"Right there with you, Ana," she says, easing me down so we're both laying on the floor. Her arms go around me, and it's my turn to hold her soft cheeks in my palms. I stroke one with my thumb as I go in for another kiss.

"I've wanted this since the day I met you, Annalise," she whispers as we pull apart. And I want to say I have too, but I'm too into the moment. Into her eyes and her lips and her gorgeous self.

"Then why didn't you do it before?" I ask her. Her lips run across mine, putting us to a momentary silence.

"Because your crazy ex-girlfriend would kill me if she knew," she tells me, her kisses getting faster, more desperate. I move my body closer to her.

"Ella? Don't worry about her," I say, surprised I got it out in one breath.

"Are you sure?" She pulls her lips away from mine, laying her head on my chest.

"Yeah," I whisper, putting my arms around her and pulling her in as close as possible.

"I just... Last time she wasn't happy," Leesha whispers. And I know it's true, Ella was nuts.

"I know, baby. Don't worry about her. She's not your problem," I whisper in her ear.

Neither of us were even sure what happened when she broke up with me. We were so broken up about my parents and so tired from the drive we can barely remember it. All I can remember is the heartbreak, but from what I can remember of the conversation, it was bad.

It went something like this.

"Thank you, Leesha. For everything," I whispered, hugging her as we stood outside the doorway of our room. We'd just gotten back from spending the weekend at my old house, helping my brothers get through the trauma of losing our parents. After driving me all the way from our school to the house, over two hours away, Leesha had stayed to help me through the funeral.

"Any time, Ana. Really. You're my best friend and I was happy to be there for you. Thank you for letting me stay with you though," she said, opening our dorm room with her key.

"Ana!" A voice squeaked from inside, running up and engulfing me in a hug. She kissed my cheeks and my forehead, and my lips, all over my face, and I could smell the alcohol on her breath. She didn't drink a lot, but when she did, it was a lot.

When she was done freaking out over me, she whispered a cute, "I missed you," in my ear, and turned her attention to my roommate, who was standing behind me.

"Staying with her? What do you mean staying with her?" My girlfriend, Ella Stanley asked Leesha.

"Oh... Hey, Elle," Leesha said. They never got along very well.

I barely looked up at my girlfriend, knowing she would be mad at me. Our 6 month anniversary was yesterday, and I hadn't even called to tell her I couldn't make it to our date.
"What are you doing in our room?" Leesha asked her.

"Ana gave me a key. What are you doing with Ana? What was she talking about, staying with you?" She asked, sounding angry. She was clingy, always wanting to be around me, and I felt guilty that I couldn't be with her on our special day.

"I..." I started.

"Where've you been, Ana? We had a date last night!" She snapped, interrupting me. I sighed, not even bothering to wipe my tears. For a while, I thought this girl was perfect in every way. That is, until she got mad. Until she got ditched. Until someone did something that she didn't like. She had a temper on her that would kill anyone. And the weird part? She never used it on me before, until this day.

"She spent the past few nights in my room at my old house.... M-my parents died and we went back for the funeral." Tears dripped down my face as I spoke.

"I'm sorry," I whispered, even though it was her that should have apologized to me. I knew how clingy and protective she was, and yet I still let another girl sleep with me, in my bed, on our anniversary.

"You know what, Annalise? We're done. And Teesha? No, Lisha, I think I it is, stay away from her. I do not want you to put your filthy hands on her. Ever again," she demanded. I looked up at her.

"Ella! That's not what I meant. I meant she literally slept in my bed. It's not like we did anything... I'm with you!" I tried to sound angry, because I was, but instead it came out as a sad squeak. That girl was my everything, until she left.

"I'm sorry, Ana. We just weren't right for each other," she said. I was crushed, absolutely heartbroken. Five minutes ago she was kissing me, worried that something had happened, and now she was given up.

I watched as she walked out of my room.

"Bye, Ella," I said, falling on my bed, sobbing. Leesha was by my side in an instant.

"It's okay," she whispered over and over, trying to calm me down. For someone good at controlling their emotions, I couldn't do it that time.

That was a year and a half ago. I've been on very few dates since then, both have somehow been sabotaged by that crazy girl. I had liked Leesha since before I'd even met Ella, but I put those feelings aside, hoping to find someone that wasn't my roommate. The problem was, Ella didn't like the idea of me having anyone.

There was one girl, her name was Camille. She had black hair and green eyes, basically the exact opposite of Ella, who had blonde hair and grey eyes. I liked this girl, but not as much as I had liked Ella, and not even close to as much as I still like Leesha.

Well, one day I asked her on a date. Somehow, one of the few people that knew about Ella and I told her that I was out with another girl. She came to the restaurant we are at, actually showed up, and told Camille that I was still "hers", even though we'd broken up over two months ago. She scared Camille so much that she left, and I haven't talked to her since then. It's been almost a year. I haven't tried again after that, until now.

"You know what?" Leesha says, standing up.

"What?" I whisper, getting off the floor myself.

"It doesn't matter what someone like her thinks. I'm not afraid of Ella. This feels right, and if you're up for it, Ana, I think we should go for it," she states. My smile grows wider.

"You mean that, Leesha?" I ask.

"Completely," she says, guiding me to the bed and huddling close to me in the cold air.

A/N: So there's a little bit on the Ana/Ella storyline... I think Ana and Leesha need a ship name, though. Any thoughts? -Katy