Chapter 10 - Seduction

I really enjoyed writing this chapter! I hope you guys enjoy reading it! Thank you to everyone who helps me keep on writing! Please take the time to vote and comment! Thank you!

It has been three days. And she was right. All chances of escape are cut off.
There are two guards outside their room, forbidden to speak to her, as she was not so politely informed. And Kylo Ren is here frequently. Water? Food? Sleep? Anything and everything which Fayne gracefully accepts.
Some people can put on a facade. They can juggle identities with ease and switch faces as easily as they switch clothes. Fayne feels heavier than ever before. This pain. This numbness inside of her and the crying she fights to withhold because then he will ask her why she cries. Why she hurts so that he might take it away. And Fayne will have to lie. Because then he would know that his wife's soul no longer lives for him.
It comes in the night. That voice. The voice. But it has changed. Once, it was just a thought in her head, far away. Now it is closer. It is like a poke in the eye. It hurts and it cannot be ignored. It is clouding her vision.
Perhaps if sleep had taken her, the night would not be so long and drawn out. As she lies in their bed, her husband's arms cradling her back, their legs entwined as her head rests on his chest, she is barred from the Doors of Sleep. The mind will not quiet this time.
Follow Fayne Dae. Follow your heart.
The sheets peel off her body. If she was thinking clearly, perhaps she would have realised. She is using the Force again. But it is not a pure and natural light this time. This time it is self pleasure and darkness and the bitter after taste of evil. Follow the heart. But the heart is easy to deceive. And even as she leaves the bed, her husband deep in sleep, and leaves the room, something inside her will not stop shouting. Something is wrong.
The ship is silent. There should be hundreds of troopers and officers all around. Yet there is no one.
Every corridor is black and filled with shadows. Yet the path is clear. She turns left. And then right. Turning. Turning. Until she reaches a door. This door is different.
It stands twelve feet tall, a smooth black wood with strange silver markings. Markings from her memories with Skywalker . . .
Open the door, the voice says. Let us speak. Let us find your heart once more . . .
She does want to find her heart. To find light again. She opens the door and an icy cold hits her.
Darkness. And not like before. Not just the absence of light. It's universal opposite completely. This is so much more. It as if it is smothering the breath from her lungs, a damp clutch clotting her breath. But how sweet it is. Completely in control, without limit or restraint.
"Now you see the lure of the darkness."
Fayne jumps. That voice is not in her head. It is real. It is . . . behind her!
Biting down the urge to run, Fayne Dae turns around. The sight that meets her eyes is enough to kill her on the spot.
A massive creature, towering like a hurricane over her. It bears no resemblance to a human, it's flesh is gnarled and devoid of colour. But that is not what frightens her. It's the eyes. It is as if she is peering deep into its skull, deep, dark orbs with no iris, no emotion, nothing to betray any sign of life. And yet whatever it is, it is alive. Because it is staring right at her. And every word perishes on her tongue. Every order, every abomination done to every person, the dead beyond her comprehension. They all started here. With this bastard. It's Supreme Commander Snoke. The voice. Even though the blue glow lets her know he is a hologram, his mere knowledge of her presence is enough to unnerve her.
"I have waited an eternity to meet you," he rasps, his unearthly gaze pinning her to the spot. "Even in your dreams you would resist me but now . . . now your mind is almost mine."
The spirit rushes into her once more. A pawn? Like Kylo Ren? Who would forsake himself and his wife and his family for the sweet lure of power? No. That is not her fate. It cannot be.
"Never."
"Fayne Dae, let us agree to be honest with one another," he booms. His chilling voice echoes throughout the enormous chamber. It is at her back, behind her ears, flooding her senses.
"The odds are not in your favour little child," Snoke remarks placidly. Damn him. Sitting there so calmly, as if Time itself would halt at his command. While Fayne's clock is forever ticking, forever wasting away. "You cannot hide your baby from the First Order."
Fear freezes people. Fear stops action. The Force. She is hanging from it by a thread. Tuning in, as if an unbreakable cord is wrapped around her, grounding her, tying her to the trillions of souls in the Galaxy, to the midi chlorians . . . to the force of life. And by this faith, she presses back her horror. Horror cannot save her. Cannot save her baby. Only a strong heart can do that. Remember what happened to Ben.
"I can try," she growls.
For the first time since she has entered, she raises her eyes and meets the unholy gaze. It is not her destiny to cower to this monster.
And it seems to have some effect. He is not human, not at all, but the slightest look of surprise crosses his face.
"You are strong Fayne Dae," he hisses. "Stronger than even I have anticipated. There are few who can speak when I do not will it. But you are no fool. You have seen the crippled Republic, and the majesty of the First Order. No matter how much you deny your heart little girl, the truth is still at your centre. You have seen it. This galaxy is a disordered and ugly place . . ."
"Full of disordered and ugly people," Fayne spits.
"The latter perhaps. But even in the boundaries of the so-called 'moral' Republic, there is corruption. Senators who injure the very people they have sworn to protect, child trafficking, prostitution, murders . . ."
"Get to the point Supreme Commander Snoke." His very name tastes filthy in her throat. And his words seem to get louder. She knows she shouldn't listen. Shouldn't let him get inside her head but she wants it. Goodness how she wants to give in to the lust for freedom that stirs within her.
"Fiery. I can see why he worships you so. And your fire is why I called you. The First Order brings organisation, law, fairness for every citizen. Everything that you know the Republic has failed to provide."
"So slaughtering children is fair?"
He waves a casual hand and shakes his distorted head. The entire movement is unnatural. Like he's trying to imitate a human expression and can't quite do it. "Only because of what they would grow up to be. It gives me no pleasure to issue the order. But they would only grow up to be like their parents. Weak. Unambitious . . . pathetic."
And he must be right. Fayne was born into the Republic. When she was five years old, Senator Janus was removed from office for sex abuse on children, when she was eight, she witnessed a murder, when she was 12, Ben almost died protecting her from Slave Traders. The Republic was rife with immorality. It was just that beneath the pearly buildings and golden Suns, were dirty things that no one dared to look at. Can it be fixed? Everything is done for a reason. So at the very least, she shouldn't at least try to find out the truth?
"Join the First Order Fayne Dae. Together, we can save the Galaxy, and your unborn child."