Chapter 3 - The Force

Hey guys! Here is a special request. Can you please tell me what you think of Fayne? Like or no like? How am I doing? Please help me continue writing this story and comment!

She chose to resist. Maybe she is being over-confident. Maybe she should accept her limits, accept that victory is not in her grasp. Maybe she should submit.

But then she saw Elle. Elle is only 16 years old. She should be flirting with boys, and trying on the latest fashions and exploring the Universe with parents who love her. Not lying, shivering despite the fire and imprisoned in a world of foreseen horrors and heavy dreams. This is their fault. It is his fault. The Supreme Leader. Snoke himself. It makes Fayne angry. She is not some mouse to be stepped upon. Nor a light to be put out when some power hungry bastard sees fit. She is Fayne. She is the last female Jedi.

The choice only took an hour. And it means a hard road. A long road to him. To Ben. But if she can save him, if she has to give her life for him, isn't it worth it? She would do it without thinking. The way you automatically raise a hand to protect your face. Without question. Without thought. Because that is what love is. Ben Solo is a good man. Even if he cannot see it now.

So it is time to fight back the only way she knows how. Find her friend, find Princess Leia - and help the Resistance to overcome Snoke. They are wlays moving of course, the First Order sees to that. But Fayne can get a message to them! She knows she can, if she can make it to Takadona.

They have been travelling toward a Trade Guild for the past few hours. There, Fayne prays that they can pay a pilot to take them to Takadona. And pray that the 50 million credits that Kylo Ren has placed on her does not get her noticed.

She thinks of their vows as she trudges heavily through the muddy water, a firm but gentle hand on Elle.

"I know your complexities are beyond my ken," she whispers. The forest was silent in response. "Your touch delights me, your love completes me." His eyes were holding hers, smiling. His fingers touching her wet cheeks. The night was full.

"I will always be honest with you," she continues softly, lost in memory. "In riches and in poverty, through the brightest sun, through the darkest night . . ." What a dark night is upon them now. They are light years apart.

"I, Fayne Dae, now bind myself to you, my beloved, Ben Solo forever and a day. I will love you with everything that I am and possess, until death parts us - I am yours."

Elle winces as she extends a ragged cloth to Fayne. The tearful mess of a woman accepts it with an appreciative nod. Not the heart to say a word. The soul bleeds through tears, until it has been bled dry and all that is left is to pick up the pieces and move on.

What must she look like? Dirty, smelly. Like some sort of big Ewok.

You're so beautiful . . . His voice echoes from the dusty chambers of her mind.

"And you my dear," Fayne sobs quietly. Beautiful heart, beautiful soul through and through."

"You can save him Fayne," Elle speaks. Through the morning light, Fayne can see her friend's dull eyes light up as if a thousand moons are shining through. Dear Elle. Always there. Always seeing. "Only you can Fayne. He loved you before the darkness took hold."

"I hope so my friend," Fayne manages to smile. "You have no idea how much I hope. Now let's move. We've almost there."

The forest begins to open up ahead. The air feels weighted. Heavy with the recent rain. The launch site lights up the dawn.

Tall spokes of glowing light, lively chatter, the bustle of life as hundreds of workers from Wookies to Gungans as they import wood and fuel from the forest. Little lights wiz up and down as a small army of droids assist in the mission. And there at the centre of the launch site, is a ship. A Class 3 Naboo cruiser to be exact. And it looks like it's almost ready to depart. Which is good news, because Elle is growing weaker.

Fayne had hoped that it was just a cut. A cut should have healed . . . with rest. But they have been running, fighting, fleeing. There has been little time for rest. And the veins around the cut are now pulsing and red, oozing thick green fluid through the bandages. So short on time. And Elle's beautiful porcelain skin is growing so pale.

Which means that Fayne has no choice. There is no time for negotiating. No time for explanations. It is time to utilise Master's Skywalker's training.

As they approach the Trade Master, a plump rounded Gungan at the foot of the ramp, several workers turn to look at the pair. They are practically the only humans present. Yet the beautiful Fayne is not watching them. Mind in the moment little one, lest the future pass you by.

"Hey!" the Gungan exclaims. "I seen your face before . . ."

In that moment, the conduit opens. Thousands of memories, hundreds of lessons The Force is always there. A living, breathing energy. And as Fayne surrenders her heart to its will, a path lights up through the darkness. She is meant to go to Takadona. Something important must happen there.

"You do not know my face," she speaks. Her faith is evident in her voice, in her piercing eyes, in the firm set of her jaw, as she discreetly raises a hand.

"I do not know your face . . ." The ugly creature's eyes seem to sink into it's pasty face, dreaming.

"You will take us to Takadona immediately," she continues. Do not be in doubt. Do not uproot in doubt what you planted in faith. Doubt leads to fear. Fear leads to darkness.

"I will take you both to Takadona immediately."

"You will tell no one. And you will provide us with medical provisions."

"I- I will tell no one. And I will provide you with medical provisions . . . follow me."

The pasty faced Gungan turns and gestures. Elle shoots her friend a beaming smile of approval as they board the cruiser.

A prickle along her spine. Like a gaze. Fayne removes her hood and turns. The forest gives nothing away. That spot, high up in the trees. No one is there now. But there was. She is certain of it. And they have been tracking her.