Chapter 32 Trust Me

Start from the beginning

I pull him in for a short kiss, and when I pull away his eyes are still closed in pain. I cupped his cheek. "I'll never forget you, Lucas Braythwell. Please never forget me." I turn away to show myself but he grabs my wrist and pulls me back into him, crushing me into his arms. "Don't you dare say goodbye, Sapphire." I push back from him and stiffen my posture with confidence.

"Trust me."

With that, I stepped back from behind the wall, and into the main room. Where everyone was dancing before, several bodies liter the floor. All of them with glazed over eyes. Different colors mixed together on the floor beneath them, depending which creature they were. I couldn't let this phase me though. I had to stay strong.

The rest who were alive stood hunched in a group in the corner, with terrified looks on their faces. Kalers stood pointing guns at them, daring them to even move an inch. My heart lurched. This was all because of me. All of them were dead because of me.

Stop this Sapphire, I told myself. It's time.

Finally my eyes found Eric, his eyes glowing a dangerous shade of gold. A gave him a smirk and started clapping my hands. "That was quite an entrance you made, I must say. Very impressive." Eric snarled and shifted his gun up towards me. I raised my hands in surrender, "Easy tiger. Or should I say wolf. I'm precious cargo."

"Your the Kings daughter. Nothing special," he snarled. "Are you going to come to The Inbetween willingly, or are you going to make us use force?" I popped my hip out and put a hand on my chin in a thinking position and sighed, "I'll go willingly."

A little tension faded from his shoulders, relived by my answer. "On one condition," I finished, Earring a grunt from him. "You let all these people go right now." He looks confused for a minute, obviously expecting something bigger. Finally, he nods his head and yells something in a language I don't understand. But soon enough, the Kalers lower their weapons and back away. The survivors quickly scramble out before the opportunity is up.

"Shall we go," I asked, smiling.

Eric starts to walk forward to retrieve me, but something hits him, taking him down. Or more like someone. My stomach turned, though I knew he would do this.

Lucas.

Him and Eric were both now grappling on the floor. Fists were flying, making sickening cracks with each blow. I couldn't keep up with who was winning. All I could see we're golden eyes blazing. It hurt to just stand there, blankly but I had to. Two Kalers march over and pull Eric off Lucas, who had the lead at the moment. Then they take Lucas and clip golden cuffs on him. I internally wince.

Before I know what's happening, claws have sprung through Eric's hand and he slaps Lucas across the face. Four deep slices are left in his wake on Lucas' right cheek. Blood started oozing from them. They looked painful and deep. I had to fight back the sob rising in me.

"You better be glad that the King needs you alive or you would be dead," Eric spat at Lucas. Lucas just shrugged as if he didn't care. That was my sassy boy. Then Eric turned to me confused, "Why didn't you try to stop me? I could've killed him." Deep breathe, exhale. Come on Sapphire, you have to. No matter how much it hurts.

I scoff, "As if I care what happens to that pathetic excuse of a creature." Eric's jaw drops open as does Lucas'. "But I thought he was your boy toy," Eric tells me. I shrug, "That's all he is, a toy. Nothing special. I couldn't care less what you do to him."

Tears roll down his colorful eyes. He was completely broken, "Sapphire how could you say that?" I roll my eyes and look at my fingernails, "I can't believe you actually thought I loved you." I laugh like a maniac.

Lucas' head drops, completely and utterly defeated. But Eric smiles wickedly at me, "So you don't care if I do this?" I shrug nonchalantly. Eric then proceeds to beat the crap out of Lucas until he's hanging limply from the Kalers grip. Not once did Lucas cry out in pain, he just took it. Because he was broken.

And I had no one to blame but me.

"Are you done yet? I'm absolutely dying to see my father," I smiled. Eric reached out a hand and I grabbed it. It took every ounce of strength to not kill him right then and there for hurting Lucas, but I couldn't. I had to go along with it. Eric signals all the Kalers and we march towards the front door of the club, leaving dead bodies littering the floors. Blood stained the whole place different colors now.

As we made it outside, the cold air made friends with my cold, numb body. I breathed in the crisp air, preparing myself. I heard words whispered, and by the time I turned to the source I found a purple portal hovering in mid air. My eyes raised. I guess I get luxury travel. First class you could say. Eric turns to me with a charming smile that send waves of nausea over me. "Your father is dying to see you too."

Then we jump.