Chapter 30

Your POV

I first take Lauren to Central Park. It was a nice evening and I decided to take her on a walk. We sat near the lake and enjoyed the sunset. Lauren took one perfect picture of the sunset and the lake. I have no idea how she does it.

"It's so beautiful." Lauren says mesmerized.

"You are." I whisper.

Lauren must of heard because she quickly looked at me and blushed. I wrap my arm around her waist and pull her closer. She automatically makes herself comfortable. We sit there in silence, just admiring the view in front of us.

"Um excuse me?" I heard a voice behind us.

I turn around to be met with a girl, definitely in her early 20s, holding a camera.

"Hi, I'm Ciara, and I was just in the park taking pictures for my class. I took a picture of you guys and wanted to show you." She says nervously.

"Sure let's see it!" Lauren says excitedly.

"Oh my God, wait. You're Lauren from Fifth Harmony." Ciara says in astonishment.

"That's me. Now let's see those pictures."

"You want to see all of them?"

"Of course! I'm a huge fan of the arts."

"I know! You're Instagram and Tumblr show it all."

I watch as Lauren and Ciara bond over Ciara's photos. I love seeing Lauren look so invested and talk so animated about something she's so passionate about. She has that sparkle in her eyes and her smile is so bright, it's brighter than the sun. Cliche, I know. I can't help but admire the beauty that's in front of me.

"Babe, come check this pic of us!"

"Babe? I thought you were with one of the guys from The Vamps?" Ciara questions.

I make a barfing sound and Lauren nudges me to stop.

"I never was but don't tell anyone about this." Lauren says pointing between us two. "I haven't officially come out."

Ciara nods. Lauren's phone goes off and she steps aside to handle the call.

"Lauren and I aren't even dating yet. I plan on asking her later tonight at a rooftop dinner." I pause and look at Lauren. "I just hope she says yes." I say softly.

Ciara puts a hand on my shoulder. "I'm sure she'll say yes. No girl calls a boy or girl babe unless she likes them. Trust me in that. Or the person she calls babe is like a really close friend who is comfortable enough to call each other babe and not have any thoughts of being in a relationship. Or..."

I put my hand over Ciara's mouth. "You're rambling girl." I laugh and take you hand off her mouth.

"Sorry. I tend to do that a lot." She says shyly.

"It's alright! So how long have you been into photography?"

"Before I could walk. My parents are big into the arts. My dad's a photographer and my mom's a dancer. My dad said he would always takes pictures of my mom dancing." She says dreamily.

"That's awesome and Lauren seems to love your pictures, so I'll take her word for it. She wouldn't say something she doesn't mean, especially if it's in the same interest."

I look at Lauren who still seems to be talking to whoever is on the other line.

"So listen." I start grabbing Ciara's attention. "I'm in a band and there is a high chance of us going on a tour this summer. My group has been thinking of getting a photographer and you seem to know what you're doing with this photography stuff. Now, my proposition to you is..." I pause and watch Ciara's face show excitement and confusion at once.