Chapter 4

YourPOV

After setting everything up and applying sunblock, we all decided to soak up the sun before heading into the water. I grab the speaker and on some music.

"You better not be playing just Fifth Harmony again Y/n"

"Don't worry, my music is on shuffle. Plus Fifth Harmony is life so fuck off"

After going back at each other, we become silent. Sweet Disposition by The Temper Trap, laughter, and the sound of crashing waves filled the air. It was just so relaxing. I didn't really need to tan though. I tan so easily that just being out in the sun, gets me tan. Wes likes to call me Caramel because that's the color my skin gets in the summer. Hey, I'm not complaining, I look fine as hell!

After about 20 minutes, we slowly get up. I put my rash guard on and my compression arm stockings. We grab our surf boards and race to the water. Today's race is to see who does the dishes tonight. I end up being last, as usual. Those guys are just way too fast for me keep up.

As I jump into the salty water, I get goose bumps that quickly leave as I duck under an oncoming wave. I'm the last to reach where the boys are resting, waiting for a wave. A couple seconds later, Cole spots one. He turns his board and starts paddling. He catches the wave and does a couple vertical backhand snaps. We all yell in excitement because he kills that run. Soon, Shane and Brian catch a wave. Then, Payton. I then see a wave and start paddling to catch it. Once I stand up I ride the wave with ease. Swimming back to where the boys are, then adrenaline, slowly dies down.

I'm usually the patient one when it comes to catching waves. I think it has something to do with the fact that I just love to lay on my surfboard and relax in the water, which is what I am currently doing as the guys catch their waves.

I hear the guys yelling my name and see them frantically pointing to the opposite direction. As I turn my head, I see a massive wave about to crash on me. It was too late to react so I cover my face, thinking it will do something, and let the wave crash over me. I am spinning along with the current of the wave underwater. As soon as I stop spinning, I try to reach the surface since I could no longer hold my breath. I am slowly making my way to the surface because I was just so tired and had no oxygen left in my lungs. Just before I start to give up, I feel two arms pull me to the surface and out towards the land. Once reaching the sand, I start coughing the water out and try to catch my breath. I look around to see Payton and Shane panting since they were the two arms that pulled me to shore. Brian is just getting out of the water with mine and his surfboard under his arms. Cole is frantically going back and forth to Payton, Shane, and myself, making sure we are okay. There were even bystanders and lifeguards cautiously watching us in case we needed further assistance. Once Shane and Payton catch their breath, they all come closer to me.

"We really have to stop doing that Y/n. It's our first day back to the beach and you're already mindlessly floating into the crash zone." Brian says with a laugh. We all start laughing, knowing this stuff happens to me all the time. It was nothing new. I lay in the same spot while the guys went back into the water. I was just to tired to move from my current spot.

"Hey are you alright?" I hear a voice say.

I get up and look towards the direction of the voice. "Yeah, I'm alright, thanks." I cover my face to block the sun to get a better view of the person. The voice is coming from a girl with a lifeguard bathing suit on. Her beach blonde hair just passing her should and sit above to where her boobs are. Her skin is the perfect shade of tan. It's as if the sun gently kissed her. And her eyes. They are just as blue as the cloudless sky above us.

"I'm Malia" She sticks her hand out which I happily accept.

'That's such a beautiful name' I thought to myself.