Chapter 24

Fast Forward.....like a lot

Your POV

"So you guy are aware that in 4 months, you all have to make 'Mystery Elements' into 'Elements' right?" Lucas ask.

"Yeah we are. We actually called in a meeting for that specifically." Shane says all the way in the back of the car.

It's spring break. Thank God, I need a break from school. Payton, the twins, Brian, and I caught a plane to California, to discuss some matter of what's next for 'Mystery Elements.' L.A., Simon, and Lucas all agreed to meet Saturday. That way, we have Sunday to celebrate Easter and the rest of the week to do whatever we want. 

As we arrive at the Epic Records, we put on our masks. We have done so many covers and even made a song or two of our own these past few months. Some of our covers got recognition from some celebrities, helping us get more and more fans. Even our dance videos got recognition from the artist of the song. A couple of talk show hosts even showed a video of ours on their show. Jimmy Fallon actually started a #MaskedMenAndGirl trend, that trending for a good amount of time. We kept getting bigger and bigger just by posting videos on Youtube. 

Simon and L.A. would even tweet and post stuff about us. Ever since we got signed by them last summer, they would help promote our work. So I guess you could say we got discovered through Youtube by fans, but we actually got discovered by knowing Simon and L.A. personally.

When we exit the car, we are immediately met with flashes and questions being screamed at us. Our two body guards do their best to keep the paparazzi out of our way. I put my hood over my head, wrap my arm around Lucas' arm, and walk in with the rest of the guys trailing behind. None of us take the mask off, just in case a paparazzi snuck in somehow.

"I don't think I can get used to that." Payton huffed.

"I know, it's crazy. But we got to get used to it now." Cole adds.

I laugh, thinking it's funny how we sound when we talk through the masks. It's not clear but clear enough to understand what each other are saying. Sometimes it sounds like one of those crappy drive-thru voices.

We enter inside L.A.'s office and immediately take our masks off. After individually greeting the both of the men, we take a seat. I take a seat between Brian and Cole. 

"Before we start with the real you guy brought us here," L.A. begins. "We just want to congratulate you on how successful you have been doing in just less than a year since we signed you."

"You guys have been one of the must successful signed artists that has only posted videos on Youtube. No interviews, showing, nothing. We are really proud of you guys." Simon praises.

"Thanks guys. We really wouldn't of done it without you. And you too Lucas." Brian replies.

"So what do you guys want to talk about?" Simon ask.

"You know how the contract says that we have to reveal ourselves by July 16th?" Cole starts. Simon and L.A. nod. 

"We have come up with the decision of revealing ourselves sooner than that." Shane continues.

Both Simon and L.A.'s face lit up, even Lucas'. "That's great!" L.A. cheers. "When would you guys like to  do that then?"

"That's the thing." Brian says. "We plan on individually revealing ourselves." 

"In the month of May, there are 5 Sundays." Payton adds. "Each one of us is going to make a solo video of us singing a cover. The cover is going to be more of a ballad type, with songs that represent us being afraid of revealing who we are, so basically songs that represent vulnerability. Then on each Sunday, one of ours covers will be posted."