Chapter 20 - Lawyer For Hire

Mercedes

I finally made it to Miracle and my aunt's place. My aunt opened the door for me, "Mercedes!" She greets and hugs me.

"Aunt Tonya!" I say as I hug her back.

"Come on in. I was just having a nice and long conversation with my daughter." She tells me as she chuckles while I walk in.

"Hey, Miracle." I waved.

"Hey girl." She says while laying down in the couch.

"How was work today?" I asked.

Miracle sits up before speaking, "You will not believe how nice and understanding she was."

I lifted an eyebrow, "Oh really?"

"Yeah, and she's trying to build trust with me and says she's going to take it easy on me because I'm pregnant." Miracle tells me.

"So you told her? Hm." I talked.

I folded my arms, "You know what comes next right?"

Miracle sighs, "I know, I know..."

"She probably already told Trey. Which I don't care because he can't come near me at all." Miracle shrugs.

"Did you ever think about Trey wanting to be in your baby's life rather than trying to take the baby away or refusing not to?" I asked out of curiosity.

Miracle sighs, "After all that he's done. If his ass is getting locked up then that's the least of my worries."

"And what if he doesn't get locked up? Then what?" I asked.

"Still, restraining order, simple." She shrugs.

"What if he refuses and tries to talk to you?" I asked.

"Jail." Miracle answers.

"Okay, okay.. If you say he's that crazy then I would suggest to be careful. Even with Karen." I warn her.

"I know...I know..I will give it a week then I will start feeding into giving her false information, don't worry." Miracle sighs.

"If you ever feel like you need to back out then please do so and quit. We can always find other ways..." I tell her.

"I'll consider it. But girl I got this...Plus I feel like this is our only way for now..And if I was you, I would enjoy the bit of time I have off since you do nothing but work your ass off." Miracle shrugs.

"She's right." My Aunt Tonya agree.

"Girl, you are such a workaholic like your mother. You should relax some. Plus from what your cousin told me, your secret new man would want you to do the same." My aunt winked at me.

"Miracle!" I exclaimed.

"What? You know my mom was going to pick up the vibes from you and know it's not Tony who has you dressing and acting a bit different." Miracle shrugs.

I shook my head and rolled my eyes, "It's like you trying to let the whole world know that I'm seeing someone."

"Not the whole world girl, you'd probably get sent to jail or something. I wouldn't want that on you, now." Miracle shakes her head.

"Wait, are you sure that Trey is the only guy you slept with?" I asked.

"Yeah...why?" Miracle lifts an eyebrow.

"I don't know, I don't want you being like you forgot you slept with Josh." I tell her.

"I didn't...Or did I?" She thinks.