Chapter 11 - What's Done Is Done (Part 3)

Omniscient

Kylie was getting her things together as she was about to leave the car. She was finally about to visit August and end off this chapter that they had. She closes the door and locks her car then continues to walk into the building. August, who was so in his thoughts about Mercedes, he chuckled then grinned a little as he laying down in his bed. The guard slowly approaches his cell then says, "You have a visitor. Let's go."

August furrowed his eyebrows because he know that Josh always updates him every Thursday and today was definitely not Thursday. August slowly starts to get up then walks to the bars as the guard began to open the door and handcuffs him.

Kylie was sitting at the booth waiting for August to come. She couldn't believe that she was about to do this. A few minutes later, August entered then he was directed to who was here for him. The both of them made eye contact as Kylie sighs then looks away. August sits down as he picks up the phone and say, "Hey."

Kylie picks up the phone on her end then says, "Hi."

"You look great." August tells her.

"Thank you..." she replies.

"Look, let me beat around the bush. There's something I want to-" Kylie says as August interrupts her.

"I know. I know you are seeing someone else." August says as Kylie eyes widened.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier and-" Kylie tries to apologize until August cuts her off again.

"You don't have anything to apologize about...It's me who should be to apologizing to you." He tells her as she looks at him being surprised.

"Being in here...Had me with a lot time thinking....And you didn't deserve any of my childish and fuckboy antics." He tells her as she listens.

"You actually deserved the world and all of the happiness and blessings that come your way...And I know you tried your hardest to stick around and wait until I became a changed man." He adds.

"But, I did change...a lot isolation made me reminisce and I still am as I speak. So no, I'm not mad or anything, Kylie." He tells her.

"You deserve what's best for you and if whoever you are with does that way better than me, then so be it." He shrugs as she was completely in a state of shock to what he was saying.

"I'm happy for you." He tells her as Kylie smiles with tears coming down her face.

"Thank you." She smiles.

"No problem...Plus I realized it too late that I had the best thing that was in front of me. But, I won't let that tear nor beat me down." He responds.

"It just gives me a better heads up and if I am lucky to come across another that's the best as you, then I won't ever mess that up nor that for granted." He adds.

"Wow...you....you really have changed." Kylie says to him.

"I know." He chuckles.

"Don't worry, I'll still testify in court." She tells him as the both of them smile.

"Thank you." He tells her.