Chapter 13 - Karen's Move

Omniscient

Trey was getting out of his car. He locked the car as he continued to walk off into the building. The two men that were guarding the front door nodded their heads as they let him in. Trey was finally
inside the building and he walked down to the last door to the right. He knocked on the door. "Enter."

The voice of Karen Santiago says as Trey opens the door as he enters. He closes the door as she starts to drink from her glass.

Trey takes a seat as Karen begins to talk, "You said that it was...urgent?"

Trey sighs, "Yeah, it is."

"Then what seems to be the matter?" She asks.

"Well...Chris is now stuck because a detective came questioned him yesterday and she has a dirt on him if he refuses to talk." Trey tells her as she began to furrow her eyebrows.

Karen places the glass down as she has became immediately angry and pissed off.

"And how in the hell that happen!" Karen asks as Trey shakes his head.

"Think about it, who else besides the three of us know that Chris was involved in the robbery." Trey says as Karen began to immediately figure it out.

" Trey says as Karen began to immediately figure it out

"August!" She thinks aloud in anger.

"Bingo." Trey says as Karen slams her first on her desk.

"Fuck!" Karen says in anger.

"I bet it was that same damn detective that just loves to be on my ass!" Karen says as Trey just continued to listen.

Karen goes into one of her drawers and grabs a pack of unopened cigarettes. She opens them and grab one of it than began to light up to smoke it.

"When is his deadline?" She asks.

"Gave him a week until August's first trial." Trey responds.

"Leave it to me." Karen says as she continues to smoke.

"I'll handle it." She adds.

••••

The next following morning, Mercedes was already at the firm in her office as Miracle sits in there with her. "I forgot that his trial is next Monday." Miracle says out loud to Mercedes.

"Yep and I slacked off, gosh I wasn't supposed to." Mercedes mumbles.

"You did miss a week which made you lose a lot of time. But you are the damn best lawyer in this firm and you totally got this." Miracle reassures her.