Chapter 24 - Twists & Turns

Mercedes

I wish it was all just a dream.... I wanted to wake up on the day I was going to meet Tony on. But I knew I couldn't do that.

I knew that it was not possible. I just feel so damn stupid after all of these years...

I know I can win court cases. But...

Why couldn't I win in my own love life...?

"Mercedes?"

I heard a familiar voice as I groaned as I still had my eyes closed as I just woke up. I looked around and saw that I was in a hospital. I opened my eyes as I saw my vision trying to extract the blurriness and gain full clear sight. I saw a blurred figure, but from the way I am feeling, I did not want to wake up.

"Hey.." I heard Asha say as I opened my eyes.

"Ugh." I groaned as I sat up.

"Hey are you okay?" Asha asks.

"Girl you had us scared." Miracle says as she's next to her.

And that's when I looked and saw Kerri. She looked worried with her arms crossed as Miracle started to death glare her. "She..she told you what happened..?" I asked.

"Oh yeah..." Asha speaks.

"She did." Both Asha and Miracle say at the same time.

"I can't believe Tony ass." Miracle snarled.

"See? She's up now. Now leave." Miracle snarls at Kerri.

Kerri sighs as she looks as if she wanted to say something. She takes a deep breath then say, "Mercedes.. I meant what I said..."

"I'm so sorr-" Kerri gets cut off.

"Stop." I lifted up my hand as I closed my eyes.

"As much I would love to tell Kerri to get lost... but-" I say before I get cut off.

"Girl ain't no buts." Miracle exclaims.

"I always knew that this bitch was always so got damn foul. And just like her damn mother, I see that the genes are extremely strong." Miracle says as she walks up to Kerri.

"Miracle." Asha stops her.

"You're lucky I am pregnant." Miracle death glares her.

"As much as I hate to say it, Mercedes is right." Asha agrees with me as I sighed.

"Kerri is one of the biggest keys to help us take down Karen." Asha adds.

"When it comes down to working, I always put my personal feelings to the side..." I spoke.

"Allow me to let me redeem myself by helping you." Kerri speaks.

"It's best if you don't speak right now." Miracle snarls.

Keri sighs as Asha places her hand on her hip, "Anyways...Mercedes, if you just need some time off and-"

"No! I already took some time off already." I talk.

"Plus, August doesn't have that much time left..And I had my break and time to myself, and now it's time for us to bounce back. And get rid of this bitch for once and for all.." I added.

*******

Omniscient

Tony was standing off from work waiting for Kerri to arrive. He checked his watched then looked around and then proceeded to be on his phone. He saw that his phone was vibrating and he was getting a call from Kylie. He instantly answers it, "Hey baby." He smiles.