Chapter 12 - Consquences

Miracle
(Five hours later)

I woke up and groaned as I had a headache. My head was pounding and I couldn't even remember anything. I looked around to see that I was at my place laying in my bed. I squinted my eyes, "Ugh." I groaned.

"Hey, I'm glad you're awake

"Hey, I'm glad you're awake." Trey says as he comes sit next to me.

"What...what happened?" I asked.

"Well, you had a concussion." Trey tells me as I looked so confused.

"What? How?" I asked.

"Well, you were on your break leaving out and texting on your phone walking because someone opened the door and it just cleaned knocked your ass out." He tells me as I tilt my head.

"Oh god. Mercedes..." I groaned.

"Mercedes?" Trey asked.

"She's gonna kill me...Ah." I say as I had a massive headache.

"Here, these should help." Trey says as he gives me a water bottle and two pain killers.

"Thank you." I tell him as I take them from him and I started to take them.

I grabbed my phone and I started to read all of the unread messages and calls I had. I saw a message from Josh three hours ago and I read out loud, "I really thought you were different..."

"What?" I as I sound so confused.

I tried to texted him and none of my messages were going through. Then I saw that I had many missed calls from Mercedes. I started to call her back, she finally answered and picked up. "Miracle, where are you? I have been trying to call you."

"I'm sorry...I don't know what happened. Last thing I remembered was walking out the building to go on my break and the rest is just a blur." I tell her as I sighed.

"Now I'm waking up and Trey was here and-" I tell her as she cuts me off.

"Trey?" Mercedes says.

"Yeah." I rubbed my head.

"He told me what happened and-" I tell her as she cuts me off.

"How would he know?" She asks me.

"Yeah, Trey...How...How did you know what happened to me?" I asked.

"I was going to surprise you at work with these bouquet of roses. Someone there told me where you were and I was just pulling up as I saw you walking out until I told you what happened. I tried forever in my power to not beat that man's ass." Trey tells me as I sighed.

"One moment." I get up from my bed as I was still on the phone walking to my bathroom. I closed the door, "Are you okay?" Mercedes asked.

"Yeah...I'm so confused because Josh has randomly stopped talking to me and I don't know what I did wrong." I tell her as I hear her sigh.