Chapter 2

Chapter 2:

Before I was even half way up the steps, Carlisle opened the door.

"Hello Bella." He smiled and let me in.

"Uh hi, i-i-is Edward home?" I asked not sure what was going to happen.

"Sure, he is upstairs in his room."

I nodded and walked up slowly.

"Be calm and cool, it will all work out. Don't look into his eyes, it kills you!" I said to myself. I walked into Edward's room.

"Hey love." Edward kissed me on the cheek and smiled.

Shoot Bella! You looked into the eyes! I said in my mind.

"I didn't expect to see you here."

"Well you know me, unpredictable." I said awkwardly.

"Is something wrong. You seem really weird." Edward looked at me up and down.

"No no, I am fine." I looked away.

He did his crooked smile. "If I didn't know any better I'd say you were lying to me." He looked up, his eyes dark.

"W-w-why would I lie to you?" My face turned pink and my voice cracked a little.

"Bella. Tell me what happened." His face was expressionless, eyes pitch black. I tried to look for a way out but the odds of me running out a house before vampires stop me is quite low.

"I.....kissed.....Jacob." I closed my eyes expecting an explosion.

No response

I opened my eyes. Edward was gone. Alice rushed in the room.

"Bella! I saw!!" She was breathing heavily and talking quickly.

"What! What!?" I put my arm around her and straightened her posture.

"Edward went to see Jacob. He's going to be really mad. He thinks that Jacob tried to......"

I stared at her. "No! This is all my fault, not Jacob's!" I rushed to my truck and sped off.

The drive to La Push felt like forever even though I was going 20 miles over the speed limit.

I saw Jacob and Edward talking and walked over.

"Don't ever try to force her into anything again!" Edward's hands were in fists.

"Its not like that!" Jacob tried to explain.

I cut in. Edward looked like he was going to destroy Jacob.

"Edward! Jacob's right! I kissed HIM! He defended you! He told me to own up to it and tell you!!" I yelled standing in between him and Jake.

"Bella.......why?" I regretted looking at his face. He looked miserable.

"I don't know! I was confused!" A tear ran down my face.

"Well let's make this real easy for you Bella! Is it me or Edward because I don't think either of us want this to happen all the times you're confused!" Jacob said angrily.

This wasn't easy. I like both of them. I love Edward but sometimes I question myself and Jacob is awesome, he's my best friend.

I wish I didn't have to make this choice. I couldn't! I won't!

We all stood in silence. Jacob was walking around aimlessly, Edward in a cold hard stare, and me, choosing between the people I love most in the world.

I felt like my stress was going to eat me on the inside then out.

"I'm sorry." I said looking at both of them. "I've thought this hard. And when I choose, I want you both to know that I don't want to loose either of you!"

Edward nodded.

Jacob had an inpatient look on his face.

I took a deep breath. "Edward.......I love you but I can't do this. Please don't leave me. I don't want you out of my life!" Tears ran down my face.

"Its okay Bella. I just want you to be happy." He wiped my tears and kissed me on my head. "I'm just going to go now."

I turned to look at Jacob.

"Gosh Bella. You really put yourself in bad situations." Jacob smiled.

I punched him and laughed a little.

"Bella, I know this feels weird to you. Edward was your life and you threw it away."

"Thanks for putting it that way pal!" I said sarcastically.

But Jake was right. This felt uncomfortable. I wish that I was with Edward right now, he makes all my problems go away .

Maybe this was the wrong choice-No! No I made the right choice. I just have to get used to the fact that I'm with Jacob.

This is my choice. And I'm sticking with it!

Hi thank you to whoever's reading this and please tell me what you think. I would love ideas and I'm open to constructive criticism.

Please comment, follow, and continue reading my stuff!!! =)