f o u r t y - n i n e

Start from the beginning

"What?!" He said with wide eyes.

"It's fine, he has nothing to worry about. We're too young for kids right now." Jack said.

"Exactly, you see. Y'all can have kids but just not now its too early in the relationship either way." Dylan said.

"You don't even know how long we've been together," I scoffed.

"Oh okay, well how long have you two been together?" Dylan asked looking over at Jack.

"Eight months." Jack answered.

"You see little sister, no couple should have kids when they only have eight months together. Give it some time no need to rush anything."

"Who said we were going to start popping babies right now?" I said.

"No one."

"Exactly," I said slumping into the seat with my arms crossed.

The whole way home Dylan and Jack were talking about cars and music. Typical guy talk while I was in the back snapchating Ashley.

We finally got home and by the looks of it Dylan really seems to be hitting it of with Jack. We get our suitcases and make our way to the house. Dylan rings the doorbell and the door is swung open by Caleb.

"Baby sister!" Caleb says as he takes away my suitcase and puts it inside then hugs me really tight.

"Is Ava home?!" I hear Brayden say from upstairs.

"Hey Caleb, could you set me down! You're kind of killing me," I gave a weak laugh.

"Sorry," Caleb laughed as he put me down and that's when I saw Brayden.

He came over to me and hugged me like if we haven't seen each other for centuries.

"How've you been little nugget?" Brayden asked. Brayden has always called me 'little nugget' I don't know why he just always did.

"I've been good, how about you? I hear you have a girlfriend?! What kind of girl wants you in their life?" I laughed.

"She happens to really like me, but she went out with mom to the store. Now what's this I hear about a boyfriend? Guessing it's this guy standing behind you," Brayden said pushing me aside to get to Jack.

Caleb followed and they both just stared at him for a good few seconds while Jack stood their awkwardly.

"Alright you two, stop playing the tough card and introduce yourselves to the guy," my dad said walking in.

"Daddy!" I screeched and ran over to him and hugged him.

"My little girl, I've missed you Ave's. I'm sorry I wasn't here for when you left. I regret it everyday." My dad said as we hugged.

"It's okay, I at least get to finally see you now," I smiled as we separated.

"Alright now introduce me to this boyfriend of yours that your mother claims and I quote, 'is the best thing that has ever happened to you'." My dad said as we walked over to Jack.

"He seems better than the last one," Caleb said.

"I think I am better than the last one, turns out that 'the last one' cheated on Ave's with my 'last one,'" Jack said.

"What?! That's going to be a killer story today, don't hurt our baby sister Jack. Because I promise you we will probably hurt you. Me being the most protective over Ava." Caleb said as he put his arm around my shoulder.

"I won't hurt her, that's something I never plan on doing," Jack smiled at me.

Brayden patted Jacks back and stepped aside for my dad.

"I'm Ava's dad, Steven, it's nice to finally meet the best thing that has ever happens to my daughter. According to her mother." my dad said as they shook hands.

"You can call me Jack for short," Jack said earning a laugh from my dad.

"Now I'm assuming that you will be staying in Ava's room, so we'll let you two unpack and we'll call you down when your mom gets here Ave's," my dad said as he gave me my suit case.

"Can you toss a football around?" Brayden asked Jack.

"Uh, yeah." Jack smiled as he grabbed his suitcase.

"Alright when you're done unpacking you can head to the back yard," Brayden said as we started to walk up to my room.

"Sounds good," Jack said as I stepped inside my room, seconds later with Jack coming inside.

"I told you it wouldn't be bad Gilinsky," I said as I shut the door behind him.

"And you weren't wrong," Jack said as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"You can go out with them right now if you want."

"And leave you to unpack everything? Not happening." Jack said as he put his suitcase on my bed and opened it. I did the same and started putting clothes in my dresser.

Once I was done I heard my name being called downstairs.

"Ava! Moms home," Dylan yelled.

"Coming!" I yelled back.

"Come on, I'm sure my mom will be happy to see you," I said taking Jacks hand.

"Ava baby!" My mom screeched as she saw me walking down the stairs with Jack.

Once I reached the bottom my mom hugged both Jack and I.

"Have you been taking care of my girl?" My mom asked Jack.

"Yeah I have, been making sure she doesn't get into any problems."

My mom took Jacks hand and gave him a smile.

"Thank you," my mom whispered.

Jack smiled and hugged her. That's when I met eyes with Brayden's girlfriend. I walked over to her to introduce myself.

"Hi, I'm Brayden's younger and only sister Ava. You must be the girlfriend." I smiled as I shook her hand.

"Hi, I'm Talia." She smiled as Brayden put her arm around her shoulder.

"And this is my boyfriend, Jack." I said as Jack came behind me wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Ave's I think you'll like Tal, she dances just like you," Brayden smiled.

"Really?! That's so cool!" I smiled.

"You dance?" She asked.

"Yeah I have my dance studio back in Cali, of course with the help of this guy," I smiled.

"Since when did you get a dance studio little nugget?" Brayden asked.

"This shows that we really needed to get together, we've got a lot of catching up to do." I said.

We all walked outside with Dylan, Caleb, mom, and dad. My dad was making barbecue, something I absolutely missed. I got to talk to Talia, and she's absolutely amazing for my brother. He needs someone like her, she knows how to keep him from going wild.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -